D-Link Router locks me out with 1.6.1

scotta316

This is probably more of a router problem than a uTorrent problem, but since I've upgraded to 1.6.1, my router refuses to let me access the Internet after uTorrent has been running for a few minutes. The router still works normally for other computers on the network, and its log doesn't even show that anything is wrong, but it refuses access to this computer's IP until I reboot the router.

I was hoping to downgrade to version 1.6 so I could verify that uTorrent is the problem, but I don't have a backup of it anywhere. Anyway, my router is a D-Link WBR-1310. I know it's not top-of-the-line, but it has served me well for bittorrent until now.

I guess I'm writing because I'm wondering if anyone else is having similar problems, and if anyone knows why the new version would cause such problems. I have noticed the router reporting "twinge attacks" while I'm running uTorrent in the past, but it never locked me out before.

It was set at 20. Since my original post I've experimented with it. Right now I've got it set to 16. It's a small change, but the router hasn't locked me out again. Although it has rebooted a few times when I've tried to log into it, so I think it's still under some strain.

Archived