uTorrent has been banned on Oink's

Sure they are... isn't it remarkable how much more nazi-like they become after you've done something really stupid and had them call you on it? :rolleyes:

After a few months of having to deal with all the jackasses who keep breaking the rules - and there are always jackasses who push things, in all forums and on all sites - I'm not at all surprised when admins begin to just moderate and ban and not bother to waste too much time with arguing about it... they know no matter what they do they'll get whined at, so why not save themselves the aggravation and just do the job as efficiently as possible?

Sure they are... isn't it remarkable how much more nazi-like they become after you've done something really stupid and had them call you on it? :rolleyes:

After a few months of having to deal with all the jackasses who keep breaking the rules - and there are always jackasses who push things, in all forums and on all sites - I'm not at all surprised when admins begin to just moderate and ban and not bother to waste too much time with arguing about it... they know no matter what they do they'll get whined at, so why not save themselves the aggravation and just do the job as efficiently as possible?

Because that is a bullshit way to treat people, that may actualy have a valid point. Bet they wouldn't have the guts to treat people like that to their faces.

As soon as uTorrent get's the stats fixed, this issue will go away.

It's the root of the bannings. I'm not using uTorrent, YET.. I'm here, keeping an eye on the progress, when it's working correctly, and the admins of my site are happy with it, I'll start using it. As much as I like uTorrent, it's just a client, and I don't want to get banned from my site because of it.

when staff starts to behave like this its time to retire.... treating the users like shit on a general basis is downright ignorant... which seems to be the prevalent attitude of most bt staff... alot of em need to take some anti-ego med's ;/

• 4 months later...

the problem dont lie with utorrent, it lies with site owners being scared to update in life:P

some old dogs u just cant teach new tricks...oink dont even come in to answer in many coding forums...course pink is the color of choice...Yuck..just my option!..

Heh it's good to see someone at least looking through old threads before posting new threads... but continuing a discussion that did clearly end 4-5 months ago? Very odd xD

Yeah, especially considering that uTorrent is pretty much the preferred client at oink at the moment by admins as well as users. :)

Archived