Updated utorrent to l.6.1 now speeds have gone right down!

malachi24

Ok so my download speeds before i updated to 1.6.1 were like 170kb which is about right cause my actual connection is suppose to be 2mb.

But since i updated my speeds have gone right down to anywhere from 10kb-60kb.

My ports are forwarded and work as i've tested them, i have no firewall so that's not the problem either.I should also note that i went back to utorrent 1.6 and still have the same problem now.

OK so i must add that i changed "net_max_halfopen to *50

I heard sometimes your isp slows your speed down for some reason so i set it to 50 and then went and changed net_max_halfopen *50 in the utorrent advanced options.

But that was AFTER i had speed problems.

Ok so it tell's me on this board i need to provide as much information as possible, so here goes

- EVERYTHING you've tried so far, including ANYTHING listed above

- Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar (at the bottom of the µTorrent main window) ----------GREEN

- What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes --------OK FINE WORKING

- What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be (press Ctrl+G in µTorrent

CONNECTION TYPE - XX/2MBIT

UPLOAD LIMIT - 186KB

UPLOAD SLOTS - 8

CONNCETIONS PER TORRENT - 100

GLOBAL CONNCETIONS - 750

MAX ACTIVE TORRENTS - 9

MAX ACTIVE DOWNLOADS - 8

- Operating system installed (Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95, NT? Something else?) - - -WINXP

- Security software installed (firewall, antivirus, antispyware, antiadware) - - - AVG VIRUS SOFTWARE

- Exact router model(s), and exact modem model - - - BTVOYAGER 2091 WIRELESS ADSL ROUTER

- ISP (Internet Service Provider) being used - - - BT

- Connection type (DSL, cable, dial-up), and the results obtained from the speed test (when running the Speed Guide), for both download AND upload. Be sure that you aren't using your connection for any other reason besides testing, while testing. That means no downloading, no IMing, no µTorrent running, no browser activity (other than the testing), etc. Additionally, no other computer on your network (if any) should be using the connection.

CONNECTION TYPE ADSL

RESULTS -

Speed Test Results

Date 18/02/07 13:41:37

Speed Down 1398.32 Kbps ( 1.4 Mbps )

Speed Up 376.12 Kbps ( 0.4 Mbps )

Link: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results/id/11718061044654527269.html

You can give out this URL to other people to show them this speedtest result.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

try selecting either xx/256k or xx/384k in the speed guide, its set to your upload speed, not download

[EDIT]

Also BT interferes during peak times, in my experience, normally betweek 8.30am-10am in the morning and from about 5pm-11.30pm in the evening.

During these times I get an average of 30KB/s max.

I've gotta say in defence that they have never charged me, or even bitched about me going over the download cap each month, this is for about 6 months too!

Has your speeds only decreased since the update? could it be torrent specific?

My speeds have decreased since the update.

I'm now downloading at 60kb, when before i was downloading at 160-170kb.

It has to be down to the fact that i updated it and then when i went back to the old 1.6 that maybe some files from 1.6.1 are still in use?.

I also find it odd how only one person has stepped forward to help me EVEN after putting all the information the sticky tell's us to do in these kinds of threads.

Archived