Port Forwarding Doesn't work on speedstream 6300

John7435

Hello.

I have had uTorrent 1.6.1 for about a day. I have been downloading things fine, but i never actually noticed the icon at the bottom that has a ! in it. I go through it all and it says my ports arent forwarded, even though i forwarded both UDP and TCP ports to 6883. No matter what port i try (I have done randomize, then opened the port) it still won't work for me. I can still download things but i would like to get rid of this because it would probably increase performance..

Thanks to anyone who can help!

-John7435

I have a speedstream 4100 and seem to be having the same problems as john here. I have my port forwarded properly through my linksys router and i'm allowing the program/port to accept incoming connections through my norton firewall, and have the proper settings in uTorrent. I'm not new to this and have never had a problem in the past. Does the new uTorrent not work with the speedstream modems for some reason? (I have XP not Vista) Thanks to anyone who can help...and yes i've read the guides and what not.

Running multiple software firewalls may be causing your problems. Disable Windows firewall if you have another software firewall always running...or if you have a router, you can probably do without both.

Is your router's LAN ip also on the 192.168.2.xxx block? (where xxx is either 1 or any value from 3 to 255)

yes it is...

also, i have 4 devices, my sisters computer, my computer, and the printer (attached to my moms computer which has the router connected to it)

the first assigned device (the printer) starts at 10 and moves up the list from there..im not sure how far i am able to go with Ip adresses. but all of them have 192.168.2.xx

I have the 192.168.1.xxx setup with 3 computers connected. 100, 101, and 102. I have ports opened for all 3 address to make sure its always open. Definately have windows firewall disabled. How do I disable the linksys firewall without making the router unhappy. When I try to do stuff like that it usually stops working.

Edit: Well, I turned off ad-watch (lavasoft) and double checked all the settings (turned them off and back on). I then restarted my computer and suddenly I get the green arrow of happiness. Not sure if ad-watch was the problem, if a setting wasn't registering properly, or if I just needed to restart for the 5th time but it works. Yay. Thanks anyways

Archived