uTorrent is the best client =)

GravityFX

Hi, everyone =) I am here to say how glad I am to see you guys developing such a nice peace of software ;) I LOVE IT!!! Good work indeed. I've used torrent clients for a while now, mainly Azureus. It was a pain, it took too much of my system resources. I can't wait to see new version 1.1.8 or later. I can suggest some features, if you like you can implement them in your uTorrent. I am programmer my self from GravityFX.org , but I only code in VB6 and VB.NET and learning C++ and PHP =) Any way, here is what you can implement if you like. If you do implement any of this features it will be the #1 The Best Torrent Client Ever =) Btw, I have proudly moved from Azureus to uTorrent :-) I will try to donate some money for the project of uTorrent in the feature.

Features List, just a suggestion =)

--- Upload and download speed limiting, per torrent. ( I know you have global control, but I did not see it per torrent )

--- Embedded Tracker, host your own torrents, automate your shares. ( did not see this in your program ether )

--- Auto-download torrents with RSS Feed Scanner. ( not really importent one, but would be nice )

--- Blocked IP's list, IP filters. ( this feature a must have for any torrent client )

--- Have a die seeding feature, when you want just to download and no seeding. So after the torrent is done download just goes to 'stop/finished' mode. ( this would be a great feature for small files )

--- Have a 'Statistics' tab for all the swarm statistics, like in Azureus client.

--- Feature for moving torrent files to be able move em up and down instead of using 'Up' and 'Down' buttons. ( time saver feature )

--- Feature to be able customize toolbar ( for more user interface control )

--- Total speed in 'General' tab.

--- Shutdown or Restart computer when one or all torrent files are done downloading. ( now this would be assome, since almost everybody who downloads big files like linux iso's, this would be assome and as far as I know no torrent client have this feature. ) I know you can shedule the computer for shutdown tru windows but this would be a great time saver feature to have. Please consider it, prehaps have it in 'Schedule' tab in options or some thing =)

--- Have its own tab for all the torrent files, not individual torrents just all of them on one seperate tab. Instead of having to scroll the details to the half of the screen. What I mean is to have tabs for everything, kind of like in Azureus client, this way it would be much easier and less space consuming on the screen. The tabs like you have for 'General', 'Peer','Pieces','Files','Speed',"Logger" but one for 'Torrents' ( cuz if you like me using "Deatiled Info" all the time it gets kind of anoying ) please fix this.

I've also found some bugs in your version 1.1.7

The problem is in program size saving, what I mean is when the program minimized in system tray then closed (while its in system tray), and next time opened the size of the program shrinks to a small squar instead of saved size from the last use. That is also happens with possition of the program. So basically it would not save size/possition properly.

Also, I dont know if a lot of people expereance this, but sometimes it takes a lot of time to download even a smallest file. (and yes my firewall and router is configured right).

Hi, everyone =) I am here to say how glad I am to see you guys developing such a nice peace of software ;) I LOVE IT!!! Good work indeed.

I agree.

--- Upload and download speed limiting, per torrent. ( I know you have global control, but I did not see it per torrent )

You can't limit to a kB, but you can set bandwidth allocation to low, normal, or high on a per-torrent basis.

--- Have a die seeding feature, when you want just to download and no seeding. So after the torrent is done download just goes to 'stop/finished' mode. ( this would be a great feature for small files )

I disagree. This would encourage abuse of BT and would ultimately have bad effects for the health of the swarm.

I personally would love to control the entire interface with CSS, but I think that would require rewriting the entire interface on XUL.

--- Shutdown or Restart computer when one or all torrent files are done downloading. ( now this would be assome, since almost everybody who downloads big files like linux iso's, this would be assome and as far as I know no torrent client have this feature. )

And I don't think any client should have this feature. Like above, it hurts the entire swarm if someone just jumps off after leeching to 100%.

Otherwise, I'm as happy with this client as you are.

The problem is in program size saving, what I mean is when the program minimized in system tray then closed (while its in system tray), and next time opened the size of the program shrinks to a small squar instead of saved size from the last use. That is also happens with possition of the program. So basically it would not save size/possition properly.

This is already fixed... check the bugs section....

--- Embedded Tracker, host your own torrents, automate your shares. ( did not see this in your program ether )

That might already exist... see this post.

--- Blocked IP's list, IP filters. ( this feature a must have for any torrent client )

From the FAQ:

Q. How does IP filtering work?

µTorrent 1.1.5 (or later) support IP filtering through an ipfilter.dat file placed in the application directory. Note that ipfiltering is usually NOT necessary. It is NOT a proper method for engaging in secure peer-to-peer. The format of this file should be compatible with eMule-style ipfilter.dat and contains IP ranges on each line like so:

5.6.7.8 - 5.6.7.10

I've also found some bugs in your version 1.1.7

I remember this being reported before. *searches* Ah, see here. Vurlix says it's been fixed for the next version :)

HELL NO! :mad: The other features are debatable, but this one is out of the question. SEED, damn it! :mad:

--- Have a die seeding feature' date=' when you want just to download and no seeding. So after the torrent is done download just goes to 'stop/finished' mode. ( this would be a great feature for small files )

...[/quote']

HELL NO! :mad: The other features are debatable, but this one is out of the question. SEED, damn it! :mad:

Agreed. NEVER include this feature.

Have you tried right clicking your torrents and going to properties yet?

http://your.ip.goes.here:listenport/announce

That's your embedded tracker IP.

--- Auto-download torrents with RSS Feed Scanner. ( not really importent one, but would be nice )

Personally, I don't see the point of this unless you like having the client run torrents behind your back.

Already implemented. Please use search before posting.

The whole point of BitTorrent is to share, no matter how small the file is.

--- Have a 'Statistics' tab for all the swarm statistics, like in Azureus client.

Why do people want µTorrent to turn into Azureus? I don't see the point of statistics tabs unless you're the type that likes to watch their download bar crawl across the screen.

--- Feature for moving torrent files to be able move em up and down instead of using 'Up' and 'Down' buttons. ( time saver feature )

First useful request in this post XD Well, not really since I just leave it in the order that I add them and the order that the program puts them in.

If you mean being able to add/remove buttons, WHY? At absolute most, I guess I could tolerate having a 'remove toolbar' option, but like almost all your other requests, it's unnecessary.

--- Total speed in 'General' tab.

I still don't see the point of having this as long as calc.exe exists in Windows.

--- Shutdown or Restart computer when one or all torrent files are done downloading. ( now this would be assome, since almost everybody who downloads big files like linux iso's, this would be assome and as far as I know no torrent client have this feature. ) I know you can shedule the computer for shutdown tru windows but this would be a great time saver feature to have. Please consider it, prehaps have it in 'Schedule' tab in options or some thing =)

Ladies (well, probably none here) and gentlemen, I think we have a pure leecher here. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it's worded as 'when all torrents are done seeding to (insert number higher than 100)%', but shutdown when done downloading? NO.

--- Have its own tab for all the torrent files, not individual torrents just all of them on one seperate tab. Instead of having to scroll the details to the half of the screen. What I mean is to have tabs for everything, kind of like in Azureus client, this way it would be much easier and less space consuming on the screen. The tabs like you have for 'General', 'Peer','Pieces','Files','Speed',"Logger" but one for 'Torrents' ( cuz if you like me using "Deatiled Info" all the time it gets kind of anoying ) please fix this.

Pointless. As I've stated above, unless you like watching pixels crawl across your screen, this is utterly useless.

Known bug. Use search before posting.

Also, I dont know if a lot of people expereance this, but sometimes it takes a lot of time to download even a smallest file. (and yes my firewall and router is configured right).

99% of the time, the problem lies between the keyboard and the chair.

Thank You, everyone for you comments =) As for not seeding feature is a good idea not to implement, you right. As for using tabbed interface insted of half used space on my lcd is good idea. Everyone has its own idea, that is good. But please dont flame me for recommended ideas, cuz this is just simple recomendation nothing else. You dont need to implement it if you dont like it, after all the desition probebly gowing to be based on how many people will request it =) Please geave me a change and share the love, lol not flame some one new on the forum. Thank You all again for comments.

Archived