Zero Upload Speed!!!!!!

boro boy

hello again all seem to be having another issue now after get utorrent to start d/l again i now same to not be able to upload just sit at 0. I was using 1.6.1 and thought would go back to 1.4 to see if that made any difference but with no joy i have set up new rules in my firewall but still does not want to upload.

Any1 able to help

Cheers

Boro Boy

Same problem here , was fine with 1.6 , after installing 1.6.1 I have "saw like" start then upload goes to 0, while download speed is also not too high.

The strange thing that putting 1.6 back does not solves the problem , look here :

problem3nz2.png

That's the way it goes all the time.

I suspected too many connections so I reduced "Maximum number of connected peers by torrent" to 10 but it did not helped.

My line is 1500/512 , use SpeedGide recommended settings (changed max up to 65), has all this working fine and maxing on 1.6 before.

So either 1.6.1 "did some damage" or provider problems but since it happened right after moving to 1.6.1 I suspect it's 1.6.1 :(

Right i still seem to be having issues with my upload speed as can upload for about 5mins of so then my upload speed will just drop back to zero. When i restart it is fine again for about 5 mins have to repeat the same process again is any1 able to help.

Cheers

Boro Boy

btw i have gone back to using 1.5 and have cleared the settings data.

Then what is your networking software and hardware?

(Maybe one of them is notorious for problems.)

Who's your ISP?

(Maybe it's a hostile one that throttles BitTorrent traffic.)

How fast is your internet connection both down and up, both as reported by your ISP and as measured by online speed tests?

(helps us to know what it should be capable)

Please tell us the settings you're using, as shown by Speed Guide (CTRL+G) and any advanced settings you have changed from default value.

(Even though you think nothing's wrong with them, there are numerous combinations that do not work well together that are not specifically mentioned in FAQs.)

Right sorry for delay been working but here goes:

1) am using windows xp pro and a d-link router dsl-g624t with wireless connection

2) my isp is bt

3) D/L speed by ip is 4.5 mbs and done at online speed tests is 2.1 mbs. D/l speed by ip i don't know but by online speed test it was 373 kbs

4) i have not changed any advance settings

RIght i hope that helps you if not let me know

Cheers

Boro Boy

What's your connection's measured UPLOAD speed according to online tests?

D-Link + wireless = bad news probably, you'll need more conservative settings...AND won't be able to use UPnP or DHT in µTorrent, or DMZ on the router.

If possible, you're best to use wired connections on the router...and even that will probably be disappointing.

Have you run a firmware update on the router?

Archived