"Invalid menu handle" help

JuicyPaperclip

umm hey guys. I got given this help for my problem a while ago

Make sure the "Associate with .torrent files" button is greyed out in the General section of the options. If it is and Firefox gives you errors like "Invalid menu handle" when opening the .torrent or opens another client, click (within Firefox) Tools -> Options -> Content -> Manage, remove TORRENT from the list and hit OK. If it is Explorer or other programs giving the error, you may need to right click a .torrent file, Open With -> Browse, look for µTorrent and check "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file." If all else fails, click (within Explorer) Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types, and remove TORRENT from the list. Then try to use the "Associate with .torrent files" button again.

Now, I have many questions:

1. Make sure the "Associate with .torrent files" button is greyed out in the General section of the options.

-General section of the options where? ive searched everywhere! Ive seen no associate with torrent filed anywhere in explorer, firefox or utorrent!

2. click (within Firefox) Tools -> Options -> Content -> Manage, remove TORRENT from the list and hit OK.

-i see no manage tool in firefox options in the content section. There is no torrent in any list! I need extremely specific directions!

3. If it is Explorer or other programs giving the error, you may need to right click a .torrent file, Open With -> Browse, look for µTorrent and check "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file."

-Umm well when I right click to download a torrent there is NO OPEN WITH! there is open as a new window etc. so I cant follow the rest of the step

4. If all else fails, click (within Explorer) Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types, and remove TORRENT from the list.

-one again, such a thing does nogt exist in my directory! i go tools...i see: Mail and News, Pop-Up Blocker, Manage Add-ons, Syncronize, Windows Update, Windows Messenger, Create Mobile Favourite, Sun Java Console, and Internet options. NO FOLDER OPTIONS!!!

Overall I just cant find there directories and places you are telling me to go because to me THEY DO NOT EXIST!!! I need help with everything! PLASE HELP!!! lol thanks

1. µTorrent > Preferences... Look at the bottom of the Window on the right-hand side... :o

2. ... This is the same problem as (1) -- you're not looking carefully enough.

3. Related to step 4.

4. Explorer, NOT Internet Explorer.

In short: They don't exist because you're not following instructions and/or aren't looking carefully enough.

• 3 months later...

Archived