µTorrent 1.7 Progress (updated!)

Firon

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Feature: local peer discovery

This sounds really interesting. Any details?

How uTorrent would classify the peer as 'local'? By having the IP from the same subnetwork?

And what is even more important - would there be allowed another (faster) upload speeds for the local peers? Because even if uTorrent finds local peers (usually connected by quick ethernet lines) but will still keep the upload to them from the total pool it won't improve things too much.

ffs, why do people refer to BETAs as crappy buggy software?

so u prefer to get something released as final after lots of development and not tested at all (except by the dev team)?

i know there'd be a pre-final release to irc users.. i was just asking for lots of betas as before (1.1.2, 1.1.3, .. there was a new release almost on a daily-basis)

Not to mention regex is a bitch to get anything done... you know how long it took me to figure out how to tell mod_rewrite to rewrite /s.php/i/foo.gif to /s.php?i=foo.gif? It's like building an airplane or something. So much easier to just do search and replace or something...there has GOT to be a more understandable alternative to regex. >.<

BTW, I may be falling off the face of the planet in a few months and I would really like to try uT 1.7 before my life essentially ends...

Oh cmon, can't I be considered above "public"? I'm a little smarter at beta-testing than the idiot "ugh why my rar does are not play" grunting public... :P:D

edit: oh... well, I forgot... uT isn't developed by a person anymore, it's developed by a corporation. I don't have a chance in hell. =(

Archived