Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firon

µTorrent 1.7 Progress (updated!)

- Feature: improved UPnP discovery

I LOVE YOU!!!!

Can I be the first to beta it since I've probably been the most vocal asshole about it? =P

(Oh, and if you must, you -can- email me if you don't want a wild uprising of idiot n00bs asking for beta invites "plz"... ;) )

i hope we'll see lots of betas before 1.7 gets finally released..

i hope not cause that would mean it has alot of bugs to fix.

- Feature: local peer discovery

This sounds really interesting. Any details?

How uTorrent would classify the peer as 'local'? By having the IP from the same subnetwork?

And what is even more important - would there be allowed another (faster) upload speeds for the local peers? Because even if uTorrent finds local peers (usually connected by quick ethernet lines) but will still keep the upload to them from the total pool it won't improve things too much.

I'm also very curious about the local peer discovery.

Can you inform us on what basis the discovery procedure is implemented?

ffs, why do people refer to BETAs as crappy buggy software?

so u prefer to get something released as final after lots of development and not tested at all (except by the dev team)?

i know there'd be a pre-final release to irc users.. i was just asking for lots of betas as before (1.1.2, 1.1.3, .. there was a new release almost on a daily-basis)

I'm also very curious about the local peer discovery.

Can you inform us on what basis the discovery procedure is implemented?

UDP multicast. If two hosts can see each other via multicast, then they're considered local.

That's right. We use Multicast to discover other uT clients, much in the same way that UPnP devices are discovered, or mDNS/Zeroconf/Bonjour/Rendezvous discovers services.

UDP multicast. If two hosts can see each other via multicast, then they're considered local.

Fantastic option =D. cannot wait to tryout the beta's

Most of the µTorrent betas were released to add or change features. Don't spout crap without having a clue.

i hope we'll see lots of betas before 1.7 gets finally released..

I second that!

Be happy to test now. :)

Running Vista Ultimate behind a wireless router

Feature: https support for rss feeds

any plans to add SSL for p2p communication (not just headers encryption)?

RSS regexp filtering will be a nice feature, too

Not to mention regex is a bitch to get anything done... you know how long it took me to figure out how to tell mod_rewrite to rewrite /s.php/i/foo.gif to /s.php?i=foo.gif? It's like building an airplane or something. So much easier to just do search and replace or something...there has GOT to be a more understandable alternative to regex. >.<

BTW, I may be falling off the face of the planet in a few months and I would really like to try uT 1.7 before my life essentially ends...

Oh cmon, can't I be considered above "public"? I'm a little smarter at beta-testing than the idiot "ugh why my rar does are not play" grunting public... :P:D

edit: oh... well, I forgot... uT isn't developed by a person anymore, it's developed by a corporation. I don't have a chance in hell. =(

Come on now, Firon... it'd only double the size of uT to include pcre. As for Falcon4, I scoff at your puny regex skills but i'll agree that mod_rewrite implements them rather screwily. Give me good ole s/(.*?\.php)\/(.*?)\/(.*)/$1\?$2=$3/ any day.