µTorrent 1.7 Progress (updated!)

Firon

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firon: I am currently back to Ver 1.6.1 Build 490, which when I check for updates says there is no new version available. I had attempted to run the new Ver 1.7 Beta Build 1065, I believe that was the build number I first installed, but it had a problem with Low Bandwidth Allocation remaining checked, which I found was cleared in build 1111. When I installed Build 1111 (V1.7) I could no longer make incoming connections, (Yellow triangle), and I could find no settings changed from the previous build of 1.7 which was making incoming connections. I have no firewall, and don't use UPnP, so being unable to reconcile the problem I went back to Ver 1.6.1 until I can find out why my port appears blocked in ver 1.7. But that only happened with build 1111, and not with the previous build.

Firon: I'll wait a little longer as it seems changes are taking place pretty frequently right now.

Yellow may be indeterminate, but the fact that the "Test if port is forwarded properly" said it was not made me feel that it was going to remain yellow. I had left it run for quite a while with no change while all the other versions/builds came up green nearly instantly.

Firon wrote: "And yellow means indeterminate. It doesn't mean the port is blocked."

I've been giving this statement some thought, and although I agree, I would like to know if that means that the uTorrent Port test is ALSO indeterminate. IF, the port test is in fact a certainty, then it would appear that, in my case at least, there was a period of time after the initial startup of uTorrent that the port was being blocked. As I am using a router and the port is enabled permanently in the routers settings it would appear that the blocking is coming from some other source, and I have no other software running to perform such. I'm just curious to understand this more clearly as the problem has seemed to have ceased, but I'm still wondering why this has ONLY occurred with the 1.7 Beta and no previous version or build including the initially installed 1.7 beta build 1065?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm running the most recent µTorrent 1.7 beta build on Vista Home Premium, I have a D-Link G684T wireless router and, as you will see, UPnP port mapping works for me...

myscreenshot50pn3.png

.. and tho why it remaps it every 20 minutes is a mistery to me, I don't worry 2 much about it coz as far as I can see, everything is OK and 'green' :)

Greetings from a satisfied µTorrent user from Croatia!

On a bynote, I'm a busybody and I hence discovered that trying to dump memory info on the logger tab crashes the client. Not going down that road again :)

At least a full year later and UPnP is stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllll broken... T_______T

With absolutely no clues whatsoever as to what it was doing and why it failed... even lesser so than 1.5's UPnP! Just "Something went wrong"! Come on, Microsoft! Tell us something more useful...

C'mon, can't we have an XP UPnP fallback?! It worked in 1.5 with the XP UPnP...

And whatever happened to utorrent.com's "The lightweight and efficient BitTorrent Client"? "Powerful BitTorrent Client" sucks! Lightweight and efficient is the epitome of everything uTorrent stands for, and the reason I use it... now it's just Azureus?

And whatever happened to utorrent.com's "The lightweight and efficient BitTorrent Client"? "Powerful BitTorrent Client" sucks! Lightweight and efficient is the epitome of everything uTorrent stands for, and the reason I use it... now it's just Azureus?

Care to explain what you mean? That it doesn't support UPnP on your router suddenly means µTorrent is no longer efficient?

I think he means the title-bar text for the web page...

The main index page says "Powerful BitTorrent Client"...

The download page says "The lightweight and efficient BitTorrent Client" tho...

>shrugs<... think he's just being a little whiner about that tho... the program is infinitely more important than the slogan...

-- Smoovious

Well I resolved both problems myself it seems.

1. Port is not repeatedly mapped if I rightclick on the icon representing my router in the network folder and choose 'Enable'. What that does and why it resolves the issue, well I don't have a clue.

2. The resolution for the 2nd is very Vistish. Dumping memory info will be done just fine if uTorrent is launched in 'Run as administrator' fashion.

Other than external IP being reported 0.0.0.0 evertyhing else is OK with the newest build.

Archived