Does uTorrent saves ANYTHING in the Registry ?

cande_300

Hi to all!

I'd like to know if UTorrent saves any entrys in the Registry.I've already lokkes in the FAQ section but all i found was that UTorrent saved its configuration Files in a Directory like .../Application Data/... . What I want ot know ,however, is if UTorrent places some entries in the Registry after I delete it. I want to keep my registry clean and I didn't asociated the .torrent Files with utorrent. Is there anything else UTorrent writes in the Registry ?

Thanks to for the Help

i dont associate w/ torrents due to an unfortunate bug in opera that makes me have to manually open torrents

What unfortunate bug? what version of Opera?

I run Opera 8.10 and it associates just fine with torrents?!?

Make sure you set the MIME-Type "application/x-bittorrent" correctly and tell Opera what to do with it and you should be all set

and back to topic: these registry entries are not done by utorrent but by windows itself

-DG

pfft just use Firefox, no problems there (now :P) and isn't something like Opera 9 Preview out?

As for registry keys... search for them? I always search for stuff through regedit if I want to get rid of something completely. You'll probably only find the standard things such as .torrent associations, recently userd files, startup keys, shortcuts and all that crap that comes standard with using Windows.

i dont associate w/ torrents due to an unfortunate bug in opera that makes me have to manually open torrents

What unfortunate bug? what version of Opera?

I run Opera 8.10 and it associates just fine with torrents?!?

It sounds more like he can't dissociate torrents from Opera...

Archived