Slow down when minimized?

wellcum

Sorry for not searching it first. I often wonder why people ask obvious questions without looking around, never realize it turned out the same way when it's my time.

No, the machine is doing nothing else. I just uncheck minimize to tray instead. But on the other hand, my VOIP phone with QoS is working but dropping connection quite often today while uTorrent was busy. Not sure if there're any connections, or maybe it's just a network issue. Thanks.

Even with QoS in effect, for µTorrent to work well with VoIP running at the same time...the limits should add up to no more than the max speed of the connection. It's possible even with QoS for VoIP to have some jitter, but it will likely be worse if µTorrent isn't limited to match the current situation.

For instance, even though QoS may be able to hold µTorrent's upload down to 20 KB/sec...if you told µTorrent to upload faster than that it may keep trying to upload faster...generating mad levels of dropped packets at the router as the router tosses random 'excess' to keep things under control...this can be bad if the dropped packets includes any of the packets needed to maintain download speeds or even maintain connections in the torrent swarm!

Thanks for the update. Mine turned out to be a router problem. VoIP works fine with QoS. But when uTorrent runs in full throttle, the router resets itself after random amount of time. Some said SPA-2102 firmware 3.35a has this problem, but when calling SunRocket, nobody seems to understand what a firmware is and what version is the latest. Instead, they all insist everything is automatic.

Archived