Router trouble

Drakhra

I want to port forward my computer but it is connected through a wireless router and also another router which connects to internet (this CANNOT be changed). Problem is the internet router can only unblock ports 192.168.1.*** and my pc is 192.168.2.3 because the wireless router gives out ip's 192.168.2.***

Wha can i do?

Thanks

If you cannot port forward BOTH routers, then you will be firewalled anyway...so you might as well not even bother trying.

If you can port forward both routers, then you might want to put the 'inside' router in bridged mode (basically make it act like a simple switch) so your computer CAN be in the 192.168.1.*** LAN range of the first router.

Download a manual for the routers off the internet if you don't have one, as I likely don't have a manual for them here either. :(

http://www.portforward.com/ may be able to help, but it only tells about basic port forwarding...not how to put a router into bridge mode (so it acts as a simple switch).

Setting your computer's ip should be easy enough, but it should be done LAST -- as doing it too early will cause you to lose internet *AND* LAN access! Putting your ip back to 'detect automatically) should allow you to recover access.

Archived