U torrent Shuts down My PC Causes a "STOP" error.

nebz

That's right :/ If it's a networking hardware problem or something related which may also cause overheating... if you're not running something which makes heavy usage of the networking hardware it's not much of a test :(

Heating is definitely an option, but like I suggested could you try and see if there is actually some file references on the BSOD when the computer doesn't automatically restart?

Well I spent a day without opening BitTorrent and it crashed anyways. So BitTorrent is not at fault. I'm getting various blue screens like:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION

I'm checking out some very helpful pcstats articles on BSOD - thanx for the suggestion :)

I'm checking the memory modules with the Windows Memory Diagnostic program but so far it's not throwing errors. It could be the source of my problems since I upgraded the memory just days ago. I think it could also be a virus problem because the AVG monitoring function is not opening correctly (although the virus check does). Anyways I've always thought viruses r unlikely 2 cause hardware to malfunction (but that's just my opinion). I thank you all for answering to my message and throwing ideas in.

I will reinstall XP also but I want to rule out any hardware issues first.

By the way, no.. there are no specific file references on my BSOD

I am receiving the same error message. This is after I am playing a game and close out of it. This has only happened since I upgraded to 1.8 beta, when I restart the pc it takes me back to 1.7.7. Don't understand why?

Then its a bugger to get 1.8 back. Don't have any other problems.

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Wow, seems like many are having issues with utorrent = BSoD including myself. It only happens for me when I activate utorrent. As soon as I start a download, in crashes.

I will try and post the error message here when I get home from work today.

Thank you,

Thorrax

• 1 month later...

Well.. It's a month later, I have a running PC again. I can now tell you what was happening.

YES it was a memory problem: one of the RAM sticks was a bit faulty, but it wasn't easy to identify as I had 4 of them -Supertalent 1GB 800. (I replaced those w 2x2GB)

As for overclocking, it was not the case because I have an Intel board now and, as I understand, overclocking is more of a thing for ASUS and others. ALL the drivers for the board and BIOS were updated first but it wasn't the problem.

I just wanted to chime in and say that I'm having this exact same problem.

PC crashes every few hours while using uTorrent (and only uTorrent it seems. I can download files and what not fine, play online games for hours, etc...)

But I do agree that a regular application - even if it is 100% pure crap shouldn't be able to blue screen a PC in Windows.

I'm curious - what sort of networking card/adapter everyone here is using?

I have a LinkSys WUSB3000N. When I blue screen, the file name it displays is MRVW245.sys. That is, of course, a file included in the drivers for my LinkSys wireless usb adapter.

Anyway, I have several mini-dumps as well as a few full kernel dumps; but I dunno if those will help at all.

Zonet ZEW 1601, it uses a RaLink 2561 chip and RaLinks wifi controlling program. I get the impression from others that they think of RaLink stuff as crap, or maybe that was on Vista, but anyway this card works great, when load testing I was able to push 3000+ connections before my router crashed, wireless card was fine, no BSOD's. To reiterate what has been mentioned before, USB adapters generally suck. Not using the included utility helped a relatives computer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm having a similar issue ... my computer just restarts whenever i try to use utorrent there have been several occasions where i haven't even lifted the mouse button after clicking utorrent shortcut and it shut off ... no bsod or nothing just shuts off ... its not over heating its not the power supply ... i updated ALL of my drivers ran virus and malware scans nothing ... and then i uninstalled comodo thinking maybe its a firewall thing ... disabled my routers firewall and i even flashed my bios and cleared cmos i am out of ideas ... if you guys want hijackthis reports or what not just tell me what you need cause what i need is help and i would extremely appreciate it

Archived