Using with Opera: passed URL handling

I use Opera and I've just tried to set it to send a clicked .torrent url direct to µTorrent, but.. I get the error message "Unable to load <NULL>", it appears to be trying to read the passed address as a local file address, rather than http:. URL handling please -_-

I use opera and what I do is I have it set so torrents open automatically with the default application (which is utorrent) when i click them.

URL handling is kinda silly when the browser is supposed to do that. One of the ideas of Utorrent is that it lacks stupid features resulting in a large filesize and large memory consumption.

The problem with that is the .torrent file then has the Opera cache filename like opr0152Y.torrent.

µTorrent already has a function for opening torrents from URLs, so it would be a little extra internal handling of it, with nothing visible, and no extra bloat. But perhaps you'd like the existing "Add Torrent from URL" removed instead since it's so "silly" :

Your condescending tone is not appreciated.

I don't get opera cache filenames when I use that method.

True enough about it allready having a function for opening URLs, so yeah it wouldnt make it bulky.

I didn't mean to be that condescending. After re-reading it, i see where you are coming from. Mybad. Long day perhaps.

Archived