No Incoming connections

Garry James

I have a little triangular error looking message at the bottom of the page stating "No incoming connections. Unless the icon turns green, it could indicate a problem with your network configuration". I'm really new to all this but I have downloaded a few torrents (albeit as slow as all buggery and the upload was close to the download size). After downloading I leave the PC on as a 'seeder' so I'm not freeloading. It's taken me 11hours 6 minutes to download 158MB and upload of 23.5MB and I still have 8hours remaining to download a total of 270MB. I have broadband with 512kB/s so speed is not a problem from my server. What the **** am I doing wrong ????????

I'm going back to stop downloading / seeding until I get a reply from some kind person who would've been in similar circumstances.

G :-(

Have you run Speed Guide (CTRL+G) in µTorrent?

You need to know how fast your connection is (especially UPLOAD speed) in kilobits/sec.

Chances are you really only have a 512 kilobits/sec download bandwidth -- which probably cannot download FILES faster than about 60 KiloBYTES/sec.

Your upload speed is unlikely to be even half that...and may be as low as 64 kilobits/sec!

Archived