Tracker problem

cannon64

It means your computer or their computer closed the connection because it probably wasn't acting correctly.

That's often caused by ISPs that block BitTorrent traffic...and even if your ISP doesn't do that, whoever you're connecting with might be on an ISP that does!

I forgot to mention this earlier. I can download torrents that I get from the Demonoid site that is not external for them. But any other torrent I try to download from another site like the Dattebayo it wont let me download at all. Would the ISP have anything to do with that? Thanks in advance.

If your ISP is causing this problem, about the only way around it is get another ISP.

If they're blocking ports, then even encrypted traffic on those ports is blocked too...so a simple proxy wouldn't be good enough.

But we don't know if that's the case yet...have you tried the OpenOffice torrent that we use as a speed test torrent? It probably uses 6969 for its tracker port, so if you have a blocked port this might trigger it.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=237067#p237067

:P

Indeed, the OOo torrents do use at least one tracker that use 6969 as its port, so I'm not so sure it's an issue of your port being blocked... Try the OOo torrents again -- they should have multiple trackers in each torrent. Check to see that every single tracker, including the one(s) using 6969 is/are working without issue.

Only one of the OOo tacker was working. It was the 9800 one. At the Initial start of the torrent download, I would get the Connection Closed by peer when it was on the 6969 port, but when the tracker was updated then it switched over the the 9800 port, and then it finally started to download. I just don't think the 6969 port doesn't like my computer. :)

I just added the 6969 port to my firewall rules so it would allow it. Now it works. I would have not thought that would have been the problem. Thanks for saying that it could have been my firewall. Now it works. Well, for my firewall, I use the Norton Internet Security. I probably should have mentioned that at first. Thank you all for the help.

Archived