Application Error

blixtgordon

Hi. First off, I know this has been brought up before, but that thread didn´t really give me the answer I needed to see what my problem is. I´ve never had any trouble with utorrent, it always worked like a charm. But now, it crashes a couple of minutes after startup, saying:

"µTorrent.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read". Clcik OK to terminate the program. Click CANCEL to debug the program."

over and over.

Either this or it says "the memory could not be "written""

From what I´ve read on earlier posts, this has to do with my RAM, but I´ve got 1GB.

"

I´m sorry, I´m no good at this, so I have no idea what to make of it. Am I downloading to many large torrents at the same time? About 2,5 GB all in all, spread on 8 different torrents?

Or what?

Thankful for any help.

Cheers!

EDIT:

"new error:

The exception Breakpoint

A breakpoint has been reached

(0x80000003) occured in the application etc...

Click ok to terminate, click cancel to debug"

Is µTorrent launched automatically on startup of Windows, or do you have to manually start it each time?

(µTorrent's auto-startup sometimes loads faster than software firewalls and antivirus software, causing all kinds of weird interactions...as they think µTorrent's ordinary traffic is a Denial-of-Service attack.)

Assuming it's not a RAM problem, it's probably a software conflict.

Have you checked µTorrent's FAQ for incompatible software?

Archived