Torrents not creating subfolders

frantik

Ok this is a weird problem i've been noticing, and it seems to be specific to one tracker. When I download a torrent, all the files in the torrent are placed into my main download folder, not a sub directory. this happens no matter how many files are in the torrent.. and even happened when i went to upload one recently.

anyways anyone have the same problem? i'm using uTorrent 1.6.1

When you're setting the download location, make sure you don't delete the directory in the target path. Other than that, I can't think of any definite reason as to why this would happen... I'm not sure if it could be a .torrent file problem, as I don't know whether the directory name is stored in the .torrent file, or if it's automatically generated based on the torrent name.

The torrents didn't have directory infomation in them (well some did, and the subdirs woudl be created for them, but the rest of the files would end up in the base download directory.

The problem seems to be fixed now though. I'm not 100% sure how I solved it, though I have a guess: This problem only happened with one tracker. This particular tracker requires that all torrents include a file which says where the tracker is from. A copy of this file ended up in the root of my download directory. I deleted it, and now the problem seems to have been solved.

Perhaps utorrent was downloading the files into the root download dir (instead of a sub dir) because it found one of the files in that dir?

The only other thing I did in betweem when it didnt work and when it was fixed was: enable "always show dialog on manual add", add a torrent and manually set the download dir, and then uncheck "always show..."

Archived