one ip is downloading at 900kB/s^ and im downloading at...85kB/s

charlie_fong

one ip is downloading at 900kB/s^ and im downloading at...85kB/s, then i see other ppl downloading pretty slow(like 20-130kB/s). doesnt make sense. seems as if the tracker isnt doin its job? it makes me upset that someone can actually hog up much of the download speed...

here are the flags on the peer udS IHX. is there any way i can check the upload speeds of peers?

AHH now i see ppl downloading AT 1.6MB/s!!! I NEVER KNEW THAT WAS POSSIBLE!! AHH why??!

I once saw a single peer uploading at just over 700 KB/sec to me. It might've been able to go faster...but that's as fast as I could download. I figure it wasn't uploading to just me, so even a conservative estimate of it uploading to 3 other people and no one else might mean it was uploading at 2000+ KB/sec total. In other words, at least 20 megabits/sec in UPLOAD speed...its download speed might have been 100 megabits/sec (about 10-12 MB/sec file download rate) or faster.

There are 1 gigabit/sec lines that huge businesses use, and even 10 gigabit/sec lines for massive data centers.

Look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_Carrier

Check out what speeds an OC-1 line is...and then compare that to a OC-192 line!

wow dude the OC-768 looks amazing....and so does the 192...ah i wish i had that lol, it would probably blow up my network card HAHA. but ya so i guess that person is uploading a considerable amount. well......i guess all i gotz to say is......plz seed 2.0 ratio!!!! :)

and btw what isp ya got switeck?! i need a new one with fast down/up speeds thats available in SoCal.

ive looked at many of the dsl and cable plans and they really don't go past 10Mbps. i want a line thats 15Mbps downstream and upstream 3Mbps or higher!! ^_^

I've got ComCast Cable ISP.

Officially, it is rated at 6000 kilobits/sec down and 384 kilobits/sec up.

Unofficially, it gets as high as 6500 kilobits/sec down ...but up is only about 360-384 kilobits/sec.

To me, it's a matter of price over speed. What good is doubling my download speed (which I seldom use much past 100 KB/sec) if it means doubling my monthly bill?

ah ya.... well ya price for cable is pretty high. im paying 20 bucks for my DSL(3.0mbps down and 384kbps up) but for 15 more i can double both!! i guess its not really necessary....yet. i dont download much on torrents and im mostly into online gaming so being content for now is good :)

well thx for the info guys, been a great help!

Archived