this is just to weird

latinoar21

I've notice that when i open up utorrent to download anything the red ! sign appears at the bottom of the screen. a lot of us would frown when we see that red !. Now this is were it gets weird, I'm connect to a router (dlink DI-624) hard wired, all ports properly forwarded and such and i'm able to download still at hi speeds (150 kB/s or higher) same as if i would be connected to the modem directly and have the green check sign apear at the bottom of the screen. no complaints here cheers :)

Being connectable has nothing to do with speed. I'm too tired to fully explain, but put it this way. When you call someone else on the phone, you can talk both ways, right? Right. When you don't have your ports forwarded, it's just the same as being in an office building with no operator (or an operator who doesn't know who you are). You can make calls out and talk to people just the same, but people can't call you. Also, you can't call anyone else in an office building without an operator either - so if you're not connectable and they're not connectable, you can't make a connection at all.

You're just lucky right now... get the problem solved to be sure we don't end up with you on these forums later saying "why my file are not download". >.<

Archived