Protective issue

jawhoot

As a former user of Azureus, which had a utility program (SafePeer) that provided a level of protection from being detected by the 'Federalies' as a downloader of possible copyrighted files, does uTorrent have anything similar; or is there anything out on the web that you might be aware of?

Thanks

The updates are only as good as the people that maintain them.

They may relatively protect you from most malicious poisoners of torrents, but they won't help versis copyright violation monitors that may only be getting ip lists straight from trackers.

3rd parties on consumer broadband often verify those ips are actually active on the torrent. (...many of which won't be blocked by banlists.)

In reading these replies, it sounds like the subject of them is not what I am looking for; so let me try to restate it. Is there a program, similar to AZ's SafePeer, which from what I understand, is a 'snooper' blocker from the group seeking out copy right downloaders.

My focus is old songs of the 1940-50's era of blue grass type. So while I don't really think I might be a criminal, nevertheless I'd like to try and have something there to perhaps protect me just in case.

Thanks

@jawhoot: I personally thought your answer was answered well... As has been stated, ipfilter.dat already does what you're looking for, but it isn't updated automatically. PeerGuardian or ProtoWall are programs that do the same exact thing for your entire computer (and aren't limited to only a single application) and update periodically, but as Firon stated, any of these "solutions" are useless.

Archived