http://oink.me.uk/ has banned Utorrent!

Backlash

I'm a fairly new to both http://oink.me.uk/ and Utorrent. I've been using Utorrent for about a week now and I am simply amazed with the client! Excellent Excellent work guys!

Anyway I pretty upset becouse Utorrent has been banned at OinK...

Heres a little clip of a chat I had with some people in the #Oink IRC chat

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Backlash88> I just downloaded the updated uTorrent BT client from http://www.utorrent.com/ (excellent client btw... best I've ever used).....

<Backlash88> and it says this client is unsuported by the oink trackers

<kermitdj> Backlash88 - Utorrent is not allowed here.

<Backlash88> since when? and y not?

<Backlash88> its l337!

<Backlash88> just wondering

<kermitdj> Backlash88 - It doesn't agree with the tracker. It is banned.

<Backlash88> thats a blow

<kermitdj> Exactly.

<Backlash88> i love utorrent

<kermitdj> Backlash88 - It's banned. The administrator says so Final word.

<hellothere> Backlash88, we all do. It's banned, get over it.

<Backlash88> ok

<Backlash88> is there any reason y? just curious

<BobTheDog> Because it does not play well with the site tracker.

<Backlash88> how does it not "agree" w/ the tracker?

<BobTheDog> Probably it lies about the byte counts.

<TooMuchTime> It does not obey the BitTorrent protocol.

<shooter124> Upload reporting issue.

<Backlash88> ic

<shooter124> And False IP reporting or something also, right?

* BobTheDog Backlash88 meet TMT. HE KNOWS since he knows and is an admin.

* shooter124 bows to TMT :)

<TooMuchTime> I'm not going to explain all my reasons. It's just banned.

<TooMuchTime> I will revisit it from time to time to see if they've fixed anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm kinda stuck between to loves. I love the Oink community but I also love Utorrent. I don't understand how Utorrent could, "Not obey the BitTorrent protocol.... not play well with the site tracker.... False IP reporting.... and Upload reporting issue." What do y'all have to say in responce to this?

I was just reading the other thread about Utorrent being banned at OinK.

TMT is a prick! Ya, maybe it is used by only 1% of oink, but that's only because it is just being discovered by the masses. I mean for 1% of a fairly large community to be using a... what... 15 day old client, That's INCRIDABLE! I love Utorrent and I am saying goodbye to the Oink community until Utorrent is accepted.

As for the bugs, all new software has bugs… eventually the majority will get worked out. Keep up the good work Utorrent!

O' I feel soo rebellious ; )

Hey... the client has/had bugs that caused trouble for Oink and if I understand things correctly other private trackers. Thus, a ban. The admin says he'll be keeping an eye on the situation, thus this ban is a temporary measure until they are convinced the problems have been resolved. I don't get why people get so hostile.

Use an approved client on the sites that have banned it for now and help out with bug-report etc while you use utorrent on public sites and eventually the bans will go away. Heck, other clients have been banned too at other times, and those that have fixed the problems have then been unbanned. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

I understand that it may have bugs that effect private trackers, however TNT was being a real dick about the situation.

"If they were really for the bt idea, they would be helping this developer fix the bugs in his client, not ruthlessly banning it, and pissing on anyone who dares ask questions?" - serrebi101

http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=207899#207899

~ Perfectly said

I understand that it may have bugs that effect private trackers, however TNT was being a real dick about the situation.

"If they were really for the bt idea, they would be helping this developer fix the bugs in his client, not ruthlessly banning it, and pissing on anyone who dares ask questions?" - serrebi101

http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=207899#207899

~ Perfectly said

Hey, thanks, Oink's response reminds me of es5 soooo mutch[if you don't know what es5 was, it was a company claiming total anaminity with proxies and sutch and faked being in palastine or something. They offered movie downloads, but anyone who asked questions got bitched at. AKA random nutSee archive.org for more...

Bugs. Those that we know of were fixed in 1.1.2. If there are other bugs, we don't know about them and we'd like them to tell us.

Is there any way you could contact THEM? If you don't have an account there, I will gladly provide you with an invite so you can PM the admins and ask questions regarding their complaints, and why they banned your client.

It seems it would be in your best interest to clear these issues up yourself if you want your client to be adopted by the masses, rather than sit back and wait for THEM to cave. They are, after all, a major major torrent tracker with thousands of members. Getting it adopted by that community would provide you with tons of users. If I wind up being able to use uTorrent with OiNKS, I would gladly PAY for this great client, let alone donate money. I know of several others in the same boat.

~W.

I love it. I'm a power-tripping prick? I'm concerned with the integrity of my tracker and my only mistake was in my not ignoring the yapping of those people who couldn't have it their own way.

What I'm pretty sure was the 1.1.2 version of uTorrent (and I think these were new bugs in that version) was not sending a "stopped" event. The user was then able to rejoin the torrent with the same peer id as he had earlier. The only reason I realized this is because the key had changed - I was going to post here about the key not working properly when I realized that the upload/download numbers had also gone back to zero.

The "stopped" event must be sent when a user leaves a torrent, closes the program, however the user does it. I keep track of how many "unstopped" torrents any user has had and consider a large number to be a sign of cheating and/or stealth downloading.

The peer id should never be reused on the same torrent as far as I'm concerned. Had the stopped event been sent, it wouldn't really matter in any case. ABC may reuse peer id's, for example, but it's good about stopping them. I know Azureus uses a different peer id every time.

The key value is longer here than any other client - up to 11 characters. The only thing I've ever seen send a key that long has been a cheat client. Possibly if that became an unsigned value you'd be able to stay within 10 characters. Key lengths in other clients: Azureus=8, ABC=6, BitTornado=6, Mainline BitTorrent=8, BitComet<=5, Burst=8

The version number is in the peer ID. I'm not making this up - there was definitely a "2" in there.

not saying you were.. just noting that i had read that you had banned it, and literally the next day, 1.1.2 was released (Monday) and that's why there were posts on oink's stating that there was a new version and for you to reconsider it/test it.

but wtf do i know.. i'm glad you came here to shed some light on this, though.

this is the first BT client that's worth a crap (other than Azureus). and since Oink's is my main music source, I'm stuck using Azureus until this erroneous reporting is fixed.

let's hope you guys can work something out.

pay... :/ the only people that will pay for software in this community is n00b's..

nice grammar. and only n00bs stay anonymous.

and vurlix' date=' i've PM'd the moderators/admins that you want to get in touch. i'll forward any info i get from them.[/quote']

ohhhh, look mommy a grammar nazi :P

u know what they say about spelling /grammar nazi's son?

know what mommy?

they correct others cause there fkn lamers themselves ;/

Ironic that some pricks tend to enforce laws/rules on a medium thats lawless and also illegal , the amount of forums of bt that i have visted is run by morons who think they are leet . heres news for you morons , Get a fecking clue you dumb shits

BT is not illegal, and they run the sites for free :rolleyes:

Thanks for letting the devs now whats wrong tmt :)

-oink user

Nice to see an admin of a private tracker taking the time to come over (thanks!) and explain some of the issues that caused the client to be banned in the first place.

Hopefully this will encourage other owners to also come over and advise the developers of what problems their trackers are encountering with this new, and most promising of clients...and allow them to resolve them before completely turning their back on it. :)

Ironic that some pricks tend to enforce laws/rules on a medium thats lawless and also illegal , the amount of forums of bt that i have visted is run by morons who think they are leet . heres news for you morons , Get a fecking clue you dumb shits

BT is not illegal, and they run the sites for free :rolleyes:

Thanks for letting the devs now whats wrong tmt :)

-oink user

oh sorry of course cos all the forums have legal content on them do they , yeah right what ever , listen people who run these forums for free are only doing it because the cant get a female and have to spend some other time apart from wanking , we all know that BT has about 1% of legit content on it , the rest are illegal files so quit ya bitching and get with the program you dork

Dude, you need to realise that BitTorrent is a free and legal app. The content is another story, but BT itself is free (as are most, if not all of the clients). Stop trolling.

I have to say thanks to TMT for being mature enough to ignore the people insluting him and responsibly letting the uTorrent developers know what was wrong. After all, we don't want this problem spreading to the other trackers. If more people would do this when they saw a problem, I'm sure we could make this into an even better client.

See look at that if you maybe talk to him he might tell you wtf is wrong. Users acting like an envoy for the client is A BAD IDEA you are all stupid users even if some of you think you know shit guess what it is a closed source you dont know shit :P You dont run a tracker... a private one of the class of oinks.

And to all you guest you are annoyin you dont want to pin your cmments to a name like me i keep my shit straight and real. This client is still in beta in myopinion sure they first release was 1.0 but i never saw a .9 so god knows how much "wide spread testing" this thing has had.

oinks for ever :P Azureus for now :)

Archived