Vista Port problems with Utorrent !

tawhid111

Utorent ignores whatever port set on vista

If You are like me trying to figure out the problem with Utorrent and stil getting the red icon not downloading properly and you are breaking your head over it you have checked nat firewall and every possible apps that you got !!! here is the solution

DO NOT DISABLE WINDOWS FIREWALL !!! IT WILL NOT SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS !

Do the Following Steps and you are going to see the Green Icon Again !

Steps

-------------

1.Go to Control Panel

2.Click On Windows Firewall (make sure its Enabled)

3.on the Left side Click on Allow a programe through Windows Firewall

4.Now check if utorrent is selected if not click on add program and select Utorent

5.After that click on add port For name Type Utorrent for port type 6881 Leave TCP check marked

6.Click ok and you are done !

If The above dont work ....Do the steps Below ...

I will only give brief descriptions since if you are using uTorrent I assume you have a clue and basic knowledge

1) Hardset your ip to a local address (192.168.0.2 or something) and Open uTorrent and start downloading something

2) Press Win Key + R (run) -> type cmd -> type netstat -an -> look for the ports that people are connecting to. For me it was from 62300 - 63400. I don't know if this range was chosen at random or if this is what yours will be as well.

3) Go into your router and tell your router to open tcp ports from 62300 - 65000 (go over because it seems to keep going higher if you keep monitoring) and save

4) Go into uTorrent Preferences -> Click connections -> set port to 62300 (or whatever something in your range was)

5) Uncheck UPnP and randomize port if they are checked

6) Click advanced -> Highlight net.bind_ip -> type 192.168.0.2 (or whatever you hardset your local ip to) -> click set

7) Make sure your software firewall also has the range or the utorrent program allowed to pass... WOOHOO! Problem Solved

I have been having this problem for about a month now. The thing is I get the green arrow sometimes on my machine but on my brothers PC it has never been green. More often than not my green arrow hasn't been appearing lately. I have followed all the steps posted earlier to a "T"...and still no go. I am not using the default port and I have only two ports open 1 for utorrent on each machine. I have forwarded them through the windows firewall and the router firewall as well using ports between the ranges of 49152 through 65535. This is driving me crazy! Could someone please tell me what to do. I DO NOT want to change clients.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thank You!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived