Download speed dropped dramatically

RPT

For some time now I have been getting absolutely awsome download speeds - up to 400 kB/S at times. For some reason, that has suddenly dropped to about 20 kB/S. I have not made any changes to my system that would sprecifipate any change. Any ideas what could have caused the sudden change?

Thanks!!

Your ISP probably throttled you for being a "heavy user"...they don't want people heavily using the bandwidth especially during 'peak' hours. It would probably take a month or more of almost no activity before you could go back to downloading fast, so I hope you're not paying alot for your connection.

I'm paying for Hispeed access ... maybe it's time to look for a new ISP! Something else rather odd is happening, and I don't know if it is a related problem or not. I currently have 14 downloads and 10 seeds running, and ALL of them have red arrows ... i.e., apparently uTorrent can't locate a tracker for any of them. Most are quite new. Can anyone tell me what that's all about?? Forgive me if that's a newbie-type question.

Thanks!!

In checking the log, I'm getting mostly "connection closed by peer" messages, particularly with the downloads. With the seeds, I'm getting a lot of "Offline (timed out)" too. Not sure what all that means. Does it have anything to do with Rogers throttling incoming and outgoing P2P data?

By the way, I realized after the fact that I posted the message regarding download speeds in the wrong forum. Sorry about that. The "Speed Problems" topic was the next one, and I shoulf have taken just a second longer to chech. My bad. I spent some time on that forum, and got some excellent info.

Archived