Help with how to setup upload/download files

DrtBikDave

I am new to this so excuse me if this post seems senseless. I have fios (15/2 mb) internet service and (after 2 weeks) seem to have setup my Router correctly. I thought it wasn't because I didn't quite think it was fast but from what I am reading 300kb down isn't bad for a common download. What I do know is that I can leave my seeding settings at 0 and still download at 200 - 300 kb. I have my downloads going to a folder on my desktop and when finished they get transfered to a folder in my documents. Does utorrent automatically know to allow seeding from my folder in my documents? Or do I have to change my settings in utorrent?

I dunno why my upload speed is twice my d load speed . I wanna decrease my upload speed but simultaneously my dload speed also decreases. n Also what is all the ratio Thing i dont understand. It dloads at 60 kbps n uploads at 400 kbps. Plz ppl help coz i m new n plz do so at the earliset.

now bear in mind, I am also new to this but try setting your download speed to "0" and your upload to-say 40 kb then try this torrent as an experiment

http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/index.html

This should give you your max download speed (don't be downloading during this test) If is still at a snails pace look at your router settings. That was actually my prob. I was downloading at less than 1 kb until i goot my port settings right. If you need help with forwarding your ports in your router check out

http://forum.portforward.com/

If they are unable to help you I found alot of help at

http://www.dslreports.com/

Hope this helps.

DrtBikDave,

Yes, you can generally leave download speed max in µTorrent set to 0 (unlimited) so long as you have at LEAST 1 megabit/sec download bandwidth.

But if you have so much upload bandwidth, you may get better results by running Speed Guide (CTRL+G) and choosing the xx/2mbit setting. This should increase your download speeds at least slightly over your current settings.

cold_furnace,

Are you giving your connection's speeds in KiloBYTES/sec or kilobits/sec?

cold_furnace,

If the light at the bottom of µTorrent's window ever turns green, you probably have the correct port forwarded from your router to your computer. Your modem might also have a mini-router and/or firewall in it that needs configuring as well...but you'll have to find out about that from its manufacturer's website (use google or yahoo to find that.)

The closest upload speed to the 400 KB/sec you're able to get is xx/2mbit in Speed Guide -- though you could then increase the upload speed max to 400 KB/sec if you wanted after choosing that setting.

• 5 months later...

Archived