Re-check problem!!!!

rosen

Hello pals, nice to see you ... again.

So lets move to my problem : When I upload torrent file to my ISP tracker, the tracker says me that I have to redownload the torrent file because of the pid system. Evetything is okay till I put the redownloaded torrent file in my client (of course utorrent :P ). It starts rechecking and it finds that i have some missing parts of my torrent. How the hell?

Also i dont have problems when i dont need to redownload the torrent~!

Important - I didnt start the file before and after the creating of the files.

System :

Duron 1300mhz, 256 ram, 80gb Seagate ATA, 250 gb Seagate SATA

Hi!

I have a similar problem. When I download a torrent and the download finishes and I then force a re-check µTorrent claims that some files are only half downloaded or damaged. After the re-check the download starts again, once the second time finishes and I force a re-check game starts all over again - some files are missing/not fully downloaded.

This can be quite a hassle because when I decide to seed a torrent again a couple of days later I'll have to download parts of the torrent again although the files are definetly there and not corrupt.

You may have hostile software on your computer that periodically scrambles small amounts of datafiles, such as MP3 and AVI files. Is there ANYTHING that might be changing MP3 tags on MP3 or AVI files on your computer? Is it always near the start or end that's corrupted?

Are you using a D-Link router?

Are you using a wireless connection? (actually USING the wireless, rather than just having a wireless router and using wires.)

Have you checked your hard drives for errors lately using scandisk/checkdisk (programs that come with windows)?

Hi!

I just realized that it's my own fault. I totally forgot how BitTorrent works; I have a script that deletes playlists and automatically creates new ones using a specific format and filename and of course if I delete an old playlist included in the torrent I "trash" the whole piece. Since the torrent was made up of 4mb pieces I had to re-download all those 4mb pieces that included a playlist.

So it's no problem with µTorrent after all but my own fault. I really forgot that BitTorrent does only check the pieces and not files themselves.

Thanks for your reply though!

Archived