Download problem> error: There is not enough space on the disk.

hollinshead

The error message "error: There is not enough space on the disk." comes up on files that are less than 1 gB in size. As a test I tried to download a file I already had at 700 mB and the error message came up again. I even deleted the file to look like a fresh download. No luck. Restarted computer, etc. with no luck. Tried reloading utorrent from scratch twice, with no luck. Was able to force start a file that was 105 mB in size and it worked but nothing larger will work. Running WinMe if that helps. Motherboard will not accept XP or higher and can't afford a computer upgrade. uTorrent worked so well for the last dozen or so downloads but my luck has run out. Tried other bittorrent programs with no success. Have high speed cable. Hard drive space is 4.3 gB (more than I have had for the last week of successful downloads).

Scandisk came back with some interesting information. Before scandisk I had 4.3 gB of hard drive space. After I had 380 mB left. Not sure why this happened but it does explain my problem. Defrag gave me another 100 mB to 487 mB. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. Your German advice made me a happy Canadian.

Archived