No: Dht, forward, or incoming connection, 4.2kBs Speed

Confused

Windows XP Pro, ZA Purchased, V6.5, Windows Firewall off, uT V1.6.1 B490, Running in Bangkok, Thailand, 512 ISP speed.

Test shows port not forwarded.

Either yellow triangle or red circle.

Disabling my zone alarm and rebooting with it not loading makes no difference.

After much reading, I've tried to follow the bits and pieces of FAQ/Forum information scattered everywhere. Everything they say, I have done. Though at times it was difficult to see if it applied to my situation.

I use a school connection or a wireless connection in my condo. I have PnP enabled. Static port and allowed UDP/TCP in and out for that port number and even an expert rule in ZA for the same port. 2 weeks to download 700mb? That can't be right.

How can I forward a port if I can not access the router or give myself a static IP? How do I get DHT to work if my firewall allows it but still 0 nodes?

How do I know if my ISP is not somehow blocking? I have encryption enabled and changed ports several times.

What kind of speed should I expect?

Does it ever just work straight out of the box? ;)

Any NEWBIE help would be most appreciated! Just telling me to simply znorf the fazzle on %App$Bumble won't help without telling me how to znorf and where all the darn fazzles are hiding. I speak a few languages but uT is not one of them.

Thanks!

That does not sound good! So everybody but me has access to their routers? Maybe in the U.S. but.... not in Asia. The only entry in my log file is always: Unable to map UPnP port. Why would my PnP not work?

I downloaded the help.zip and extracted utorrent.chm but every page says, "This program can not display the webpage." :( Is there an HTML somewhere I look at rather than download the chm file?

Thank you!

You are quite likely correct, lots of Asian-Pacific rim ISPs have very limited internet ip ranges...so they put their customers on routers and give out LAN ips instead. In short, always firewalled. :(

You could probably pay a lot more to get an internet ip address to yourself that's forwarded fully to your computer, but it almost certainly won't be worth the price the ISP will demand.

UPnP probably failed to work because the routers ISPs use are not consumer model routers like you'd buy at a computer store.

• 3 months later...

Having run several searches I do not even seem to have a utorrent.chm file. I thought that was just a help file? Where would I get it and why would a help file be blocked and why would that affect my downloads?

Please note my login name, "Confused." I'm new at this so please keep it simple ;)

Thanks!

Archived