Moving torrents from Azureus for seeding?

funtuva

I have been using Azureus for long...until I bumped into uTorrent. I was impressed. Azureus works well but is a memory hog. I have switched quickly.

How can I get uTorrent to use the "finished" data files from Azureus downloads and reseed them?

If I tell uTorrent to pick up a torrent file that has been finished, it does not find the finished data file, and instead of seeding tries to download again. With Azureus you can take any torrent file, choose the "reseed" option and then "change data directory".

I do not see these options in uTorrent so I am stuck with a bunch of torrents to reseed, and I do not want to reinstall Azureus again....

thanks!

I think that u need the .torrent file.. you can find it on Documents & settings\Application Data\Azureus\Torrents and then put that file into µTorrent... and put the download directory the current one where the file is fully downloaded...

µTorrent will check that the file is fully downloaded and it will start to seed.

:D

Do you have the Settings -> Folder Options -> Put new downloads in: checked? If it is then you won't get the option to select where µTorrent saves/uses the "finished" data. Uncheck the option, delete the entry torrent entry (NOT the torrent file or data), reload the torrent file, and now a popup window will ask where you want to save the torrent. Then you can force a recheck (right mouse-click option on torrent) if you want to verify everything worked.

I know I neeed the .torrent files, and of course the first thing I did is to copy these from from the Azureus directory (application data\azureus\torrents) to a new directory I made called uTorrents, where both the data and the torrents files go.

That did not solve the problem, because loading a .torrent that was finished, did not automatically recheck to see if the data file was there and the % downloaded. uTorrent just would start anew.

Maybe the solution is more in the elaborate directory options that uTorrents offers. As ColdArmor says I think I may have checked the "put new downloads in...", because I actually have created directories for each category (finished, in progress...) just to use that Folder Options capability, which I thougth nice anyway. So I end up with data files and torrent files in different directories.... but I even tried to move them to the root folder for uTorrent, and... I just cannot get torrents reseeded.

How about:

General Options > New torrents start in stopped mode : Checked

Then right click the new torrent entry and select Force Re-Check, and then Start the torrent. That way µTorrent knows it is complete. If it works then maybe this can be considered a bug, and there should be an automatic check for completeness made when adding a new torrent.

In fact this is exactly what I do when adding an already or partially completed torrent. Of course I turn the option off other times. :)

Firstly for Azureus, u can point ur torrent to that folder and it will resume or seed

For utorrent u shdnt point to that folder but point to the directory the folder is in. This is for 2 or more files in 1 folder. For single files, u can just point utorrent to that single file

But for folders, point to the directory the folder is in. It WILL check and start resuming or seeding whichever is needed.

@deeppal:

I think that u need the .torrent file.. you can find it on Documents & settings\Application Data\Azureus\Torrents and then put that file into µTorrent... and put the download directory the current one where the file is fully downloaded...

µTorrent will check that the file is fully downloaded and it will start to seed.

:D

uh, I think luish, PlayWithFire, and ColdArmor already said or confirmed that......

And np man. We all here trying to help. :)

Thanks all for your help. The problem was the option "put new downloads in....". I unchecked that and uTorrent asked me where the file was. And, yes pointing to the folder inside the folder, also helps rather than just pointing at the particular root folder containing all data, and letting uTorrent try to find it there with 2 dozen other folder.

Just got used to Azureus ways of doing things and this is a bit different, although the user interface is so similar, except the separate panels for downloads / uploads that I prefer in Azureus.

thanks then

Archived