proxy tunnel not working on pipex homecall

josephgoss

we have the "unlimited" 8MB connection from homecall, but the torrents all run around 20 - 50 KB,

i hear a lot of people get this problem, the traffic shaping shit their doing

anyway, i can't get out of the contract because its not my connection, but i was the one who advised my dad to get it. big stupid mistake that was.

i bought the total freedom package from http://www.your-freedom.net

but it actually is making no major difference to my download speeds (using utorrent)

actually, the openoffice torrent works fast, but no public torrents work above 25KB on average

how can pipex homecall still throttle my connection when i am going through a socks 5 proxy

i have even tried a few vpn services and the results are the same

is there any proxy or vpn services which will certainly get around traffic shaping (http downloads work at 500KB constant)

if not, any one know of any of those services that download torrents for you and let you download them from their servers through http? (like http://transfile.ca/ for example)

sorry about the poor layout of this post,i am so tired of trying everything to get around this problem

thankyou, from joseph G

actually, the openoffice torrent works fast, but no public torrents work above 25KB on average

That most probably means your utorrent is not configured properly. You think your ISP is so sneaky that he throttles all other torrents except the openoffice one? Me not.

I think the opeoffice one works well because the peers all have really good upload speeds, (20KB\s - 40KB\s each)

when i connect to a more public torrent, the peers upload is only around 3KB\s, but my computer can't connect to enough of them)

i am certain its because of traffic shaping, even openoffice will only download about 1/5 the speed of my connection,it must be the connection because i have used many different torrent programs, and the speeeds are roughly the same with all of them

i also download a torrent that a mate was downloading, and even though we both have 500KB/s connections, mine goes at 20KB and his 500KB.

any one got any good ideas for workarounds?

i have used 92 KB up, but changing this does not matter

i normally get about 30KB up ,and 30 KB down,

if i actually set the KB up speed lower then 30KB, then my downloads will also slow down

so if i set 10KB upload, then download will run around 10KB

also, another point of interest, once a download is finished, the file will never upload once its complete, i heard somewhere this is because of pipex / homecall traffic shaping system

i really need a better ISP,. damn

Interesting !! Today i did some research and downloaded BitComment...Rogers is my isp.. But my download Rates Are 200 down..

So it seems to be working with me...

So i have a question... If i download a torrent and it has 70 seeds. And 30 leechers. And rogers is only giving me 10 to 20 kbs a sec because there holding back my bandwith. and im downloading from 70 seeds at about 20 kbs a sec on average id be getting 200kbs or at least near that.. thats not bad speeds and not killing isps.

So why not make utorrent grab from websites to save bandwith and then also make people who have 99 percent of the file weight a certain time period so other leechers always have a full version leecher ahead of them so they can get faster speeds and save bandwith. And make all seeders at least upload 20 to 50 of there bandwith that would make the servers faster and allow us limited users to get the files faster. would that not work?

This may not be with you top Utorrent guys want or even like but i think its an idea.. Also i think a secure line would be good but if u add some of these things to a new utorrent dont u think it would improve it alot.because alot of the reason torrents are slow is because (A ) no seeders (B) not enough seeders. Everyone that leechs as soon as they obtain that file they stop shareing i think there should always be seeders and in order for this to work we need uploaders that are willing to give more then 1 kb a sec. its the people that restrict there uploads to such slow speeds the screw the torrents.

Archived