Tutorial on how to autoload torrents?

Spudz

I have read the numerous other questions on this topic and haven't found them all that helpful so let me describe my problem and maybe someone can create a tutorial on how to do what I'm trying to do.

I have about 25 torrents that I am seeding. These are all completed files.

Each time I start uTorrent I want it to load ALL of these torrents and seed them (even if they are queued, I don't care). I've tried placing the torrents in different locations, I've tried using a different folder for all of the different options in uTorrent, but I *still* cannot get it to consistently autoload my torrents.

So please, let's start from scratch:

I have the torrent files and the data for those files in a directory called Torrent Downloads right now. Where do I need to put everything and what options do I need to set in order to make uTorrent autoload my torrents?

Thank you for any help.

afaik

folder options -> storage of torrent files -> <ticked><folder>

folder options -> storage of compelted torrent files -> <unticked>

other options -> autoload torrents -> <ticked> <folder from storage of torrent files>

that "should" work

//edited because i cant read my own options

I'm sorry, that's not quite enough. First, you have told me to enable and then disable the same option. . . but I know what you're talking about there (I think. . . move torrents off right?).

What I need to know is how many folders do I need? What needs to go in each folder? Which option lines need to contain which folders?

This doesn't work, at least as far as I'm understanding you.

I have a directory with data and a directory with torrents.

Folder Options -> Put New Downloads In : Data Directory

Folder Optoins -> Move Completed Downloads To : Data Directory

Folder Options -> Store Torrent Files In : Torrent Directory

Folder Options -> Move Torrents : Unchecked

Other Options -> Load Torrents Files In : Torrent Directory

Delete Torrents instead of renaming : Unchecked.

This loads the torrent files the first time, but if I shut down and restart they are no longer loaded.

I'm not having any reload issues and I have the following:

Folder Options -> Put new downloads in : E:\files

Folder Optoins -> Move completed downloads to : Unchecked

Folder Options -> Store .torrent files in : C:\btdown

Folder Options -> Move .torrents for finished jobs to : C:\btfini

Other Options -> Automatically load torrents in directory : C:\btload

Delete Torrents instead of renaming : Checked.

I have moved my .dat files to the same folder where utorrent.exe is.

You might want to show us what your paths are. Maybe one of the more experience users could comment if this is actually an issue, but do you have spaces in your folder names? I've also noticed that when using the folder browser to select where you want things stored, it leaves off the trailing backslash. Try taking it removing it if you have them.

Also to consider, could your .dat files be corrupt? Since it isn't working anyway, delete (or move) your current ones, start utorrent.exe to create new ones, and see what happens.

Thanks abbad0n, your setup seems to be working for me (with the many different folders all filled with the same torrents). Although I did not check delete torrents instead of renaming.

Spaces in names (folder or file) don't matter (I tested).

Personally I find this whole system rather silly when I can do what I'm looking for with Azureus simply by putting torrents and data in one directory, but whatever. I guess that's the tradeoff for a smaller memory footprint.

i dont get why my method doesnt work ?? (i havnet tested though)

folder options -> put new downloads in <folder> <checked>

folder options -> move completed <unchecked>

folder options -> store torrents <folder> <checked>

folder options -> move torrents <unchecked>

other options -> automatic load <folder> <checked>

logic would suggest that would work because hte files can be checked to make sure they are all there instead of having to redownload becasue they are getting moved

@Keloran:

Well, I only have uT set where my .torrents go. Im not even using the other folder options. I always liked having the 'choose where to save...' pop up for some strange reason. I mention this cuz I never had the problem the orig poster described. Even using Az. And I been using Az for 2+ years. Looking at ur solution, it shoulda worked. Maybe when loading alot of finished torrents they need their own folder. Maybe that resume.dat file needs help sorting out what to do when its alot of files.

Thanks abbad0n, your setup seems to be working for me (with the many different folders all filled with the same torrents). Although I did not check delete torrents instead of renaming.

Spaces in names (folder or file) don't matter (I tested).

Personally I find this whole system rather silly when I can do what I'm looking for with Azureus simply by putting torrents and data in one directory, but whatever. I guess that's the tradeoff for a smaller memory footprint.

Glad it helped. The reason I set it up the way I did (and it needs delete torrents instead of renaming - or at least I think it does :) ) was to

1) Not enable torrents to be opened directly by µTorrent (as it renames them in an unrecognizable way so I can't easily put into Azureus when DHT - 1.1.8 please ;) - is needed).

2) So I can determine what stage the torrent is even if µTorrent is closed.

Example of usage:

Download .torrent file (doesn't matter where). Can either save to any folder and then move to C:\btload or just save directly to folder. This allows program to automatically "load" torrent into program, after which it is moved to C:\btdown which is where all the unfinished torrents are located. After torrent is finished it then moves to C:\btfini so I know that unless I want to help upload on DHT in Azureus, I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Of coures you could use a different file structure like below:

c:\torrents\load

c:\torrents\unfinished

c:\torrents\finished

I'll probably move to that now that I've put more thought into it. :D

Archived