Network and Torrent Smart Options based on Connection Speed

LcSD53

What we all realy need are *smart* Network and Torrent Options, setted up accounting for

connection speed. I was about to give µTorrent up when I realized that 200 connections

(current default) turn my PC unusable (my connection speed: 256/64 kbps). Changed it

to 60 and now µT rocks, and concurrent wen browsing / other use are possible.

My suggestions:

1) A connection speed combo-box in the Network Pannel; on sellection, auto set

SMART OPTIONS for all Network and Torrent parameters (the ones nobody undestand at start).

This will for sure sky rocket µT usability. Please, start with MODEM speed, Cable, ADSL/SDSL,

up to those dreaming T1/T3 lines.

2) More incisive warning/attention to not getting inbound connection; may be a bubble hint directing to

a specific page in the site (see BitTornado site for a good example).

Talking about beeing smart, anyone know what "Add Torrent (no default save)..." means?

1 = slight problem with smart doing it i have giglan so what would mine recommend ??, better option is a smart user (not saying your not)

2 = i can see why this migh be wanted, but the same applys the problem generally is the user not knowing how to fix without help

(iirc) no default = instead of the files being saved in where you normally (c:\downloads) you could select (d:\newdownloads) but all others would go where you normaly save them

Even though bittorrent has been around for years the most common problem is still because of misconfigured firewall/router. It's remarkable how, even though the information is out there, people still miss to check this simple procedure.

I believe a tooltip for "NAT Error", similar to the notify when downloads complete, would be a welcome feature. Not only to newbies but to old timers as well since it would probably reduce the number of clueless "my speed is too slow, what do I do???" posts :)

1 = slight problem with smart doing it i have giglan so what would mine recommend ??

May be current default is OK for you, but it´s a mess for kilolans like mine.

2 = i can see why this migh be wanted, but the same applys the problem generally is the user not knowing how to fix without help

Problem not in configuring the router but on deciding to open some ports (remember BackDoor).

(iirc) no default = instead of the files being saved in where you normally (c:\downloads) you could select (d:\newdownloads) but all others would go where you normaly save them

Now makes sense. But it seems better to me

File

Add Torrent (default folder)...

Add Torrent (select folder)...

etc...

Archived