please help me with my issue

thdstrbd1

I use comcast internet and I was wondering what settings I should use for the speed guide. I rn a test and it was 2026kbps for download and 1049 for upload. So what should my settings be. I am trying to figure out my problem becuase earlier this morning I was downloading something at 600kb/s and then it dropped to 100. now i am downloading something at 35 and it started at 100. so I need help asap!

update 1: I have ran three more tests. they keep getting faster and faster. the last one was at 3032 kbps for download. please help me cuase it seems whenever i try downloading something on utorrent the speed starts out good then drops on 70% of my downloads. on the other hand, some stay above 100 the whole time and go rather fast.

The settings µTorrent uses are based on your upload speed.

Speed Guide (CTRL+G) has a drop-down settings box that bases upload bandwidth in kilobits/sec or megabits/sec...so xx/256k is 256 kilobits/sec upload bandwidth while xx/1mbit is 1 megabit/sec upload bandwidth.

What I don't get though is even though i set my setting correctly, the downloads are only at 35-50 kb/s. I have had as much as 650 one time so I know I am capable. if i could get at least 200-300 I would be content. Is there an easy way to do this. I don't use a router my computer is connected directly to the modem.

Archived