torrent time

utoronto

hi, i'm totally new to this torrent bit, but found it interesting enough. am downloading my very first torrent file, 1.2 Gig. taking more than a week now, though not every day, at about 88%. would be nice to have a feature: an ability to post your intention to be on line at specific times, and report a time of the day/week to every user, allowing everyone to know WHEN most people will be torrenting? as i understand it, the more people are downloading the better you will have the chance to acquire files? am i right? if so, then why not have the torrenting programs like utorrent to allow poeple to coordinate the BEST TIME to be 'torrenting'? just a thought. utronto.

First of all, welcome to the world of bittorrent, utoronto. Let me just say that you have entered this world through the VIP lane by choosing uTorrent. :cool:

Now about your idea... You will soon realize that the best time to torrent is ...ALWAYS :) Swarms (the collective people you connect to) come and die away. They will typically start with only one seeder, grow to a max and then fade away untill the torrent eventually "dies". As a tip, don't enter a torrent in the very beggining or the very end. That means, avoid torrents that have very low number of peers.

imo this is a bad idea, and should not be implimented

if your downloading a legal torrent then "most" have a constant seed, so the speed would be at least x-kb/s

now if your downloding an illegal torrent why would you want to broadcast that you had it ?

I agreed to his views, Keloran is very right. Torrent was used because it has the ability to change its tracker anytime anywhere with a lower risk of being caught.

If an international security will to raid the torrent servers, these servers could be immediately shutdown and erased all information about the servers activities. Therefore broadcasting it will only cause more harm than a useful features to most people.

Just stay relaxed and download when you see the swarm had like around 10 to 20 people enough to boost ur download speed to 10 to 40kb/sec, the more people, the better the swarm, your download speed may maxed, and stay constant that is consider good enough.

Archived