Browsing With Firefox

Animelee

For some reason, when I use uTorrent while browsing with Firefox, it's pretty slow. Not that slow, but, for example, www.planetgamecube.com loads instantly with BitComet downloading the same torrents. With uTorrent, it takes about four or five seconds to load -- the pictures being the last thing to load on a website.

Any advice? I really like uTorrent, as the new 1.1.2 version actually gives me equal or FASTER speeds than BitComet, which I think is incredible. However, I'm forced to use BitComet while surfing the Internet with Firefox. When playing an online game like Maple Story, I always switch to uTorrent, as it frees up about 50 MB of RAM, compared to BitComet.

Thanks for any help in advance. :)

By the way, I don't have this problem with Internet Explorer, just uTorrent. But... who uses Internet Explorer?

Im no expert but try changing some settings. Like limiting your upload/download rate to save some for firefox, or maybe the maximum amount of upload slots or connected peers.

I have had this problem with bitcomet actually. I read somewhere that it can have something to do with the number of "half open connections" that you have (which microsoft limited in xpsp2).

Okay, I think it's fine now. :D I just downloaded a little patch that increased the "thing" from 10 to 50, and then I restarted, and now it seems to be fine. :) Thanks for the tip!

For those who want the patch: http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads#4226patch

Choose the English one, unless you're from Deutschland, of course. :)

Wee, I'm fully converted from BitComet to uTorrent now!

For some reason, when I use uTorrent while browsing with Firefox, it's pretty slow. Not that slow, but, for example, www.planetgamecube.com loads instantly with BitComet downloading the same torrents. With uTorrent, it takes about four or five seconds to load -- the pictures being the last thing to load on a website.

Any advice? I really like uTorrent, as the new 1.1.2 version actually gives me equal or FASTER speeds than BitComet, which I think is incredible. However, I'm forced to use BitComet while surfing the Internet with Firefox. When playing an online game like Maple Story, I always switch to uTorrent, as it frees up about 50 MB of RAM, compared to BitComet.

Thanks for any help in advance. :)

By the way, I don't have this problem with Internet Explorer, just uTorrent. But... who uses Internet Explorer?

uhh... if you have faster speeds your browsing is slower. but id rather download anyway

I am on Win98. I have similar problems. And my settings are even lower. Upload limit 1 Download limit 2 max connections 5. Still it severly affects browsing. Firefox says it cannot find sites itself as if internet connection does not exist !!!

Using utorrent 1.1.2

• 1 month later...

lol @ BSH...even better...get W2k ;)

nah..really you guys on XP better check if tcpip.sys (the "thingy :D) really is patched

and your upload is set to no more than 90% capacity and of course that your download isn't eating up all your bandwidth if you want to surf

Firefox and µtorren play just nicely together...so it's your settings or your OS that messes it up

-DG

Archived