Error: Insufficient system resources exist to...

logitechg15

recently ive been getting the message "Error: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service." out of 32 torrents open right now i have this message for 11 seeds, and 1 download. if i force start this problem is fixed but on normal start it comes back. as far as resources i have many hundred of gig free, over a gig of ram free, plenty of cpu power. don't understand why i would have this message. restarted since and problem still appears. has been happening for about 24 hours now. any ideas?

Maybe you just have too many torrents started for your connection and it's causing a subtle overload of your limited-size system stack? (...which does not get bigger with the addition of more ram.)

What settings were you using in µTorrent according to the Speed Guide (CTRL+G) window?

How fast is your connection both UPLOAD and download?

the problem is somewhat better now, only effecting one download and one upload right now. my settings are as follows. upload limit: 70-110 (pending), upload slots: 10, connections (per-torrent) 400, connections (global):4000, max active torrents: 75, max active downloads: 20. my internet speed is 16/1mb. i often seed about 50 torrents at a global rate of 110kB and have never ran into this problem before. thanks for your help.

Have you compared your settings to Speed Guide (CTRL+G) setting for xx/1mbit (that's 1 megabit/sec upload bandwidth)?

A couple of your settings are almost a magnitude greater than what it recommends.

For instance, you're allowing potentially 0.1 KB/sec upload speed per upload slot...which is what the "average" person might see when trying to download from you.

It is almost counter-productive to have lots of connections for each torrent while seeding.

So, in short, splitting your networking resources so thin may have caused the error.

Those settings are way to high for a 16/1 connection. 4000 Global connections is a LOT for any computer and router to maintain...

Try the speed guide and use the values it suggests and try that. If it solves the problem you know your high settings were the culprit. You can always increase the settings a bit if you want but I wouldn't go to that high again...

Archived