utorrent 1.6.1 slower than utorrent 1.6

fab54

Hi all!

I have the impression that utorrent 1.6.1 is much slower than utorrent 1.6, am I the only one?

With the 1.6 I could download steadily at 300-400 kB/s, now with the 1.6.1 I can barely reach the 250 kB/s bar.

The other day I switched back to the 1.6 and my speed went up!!

I'm definetly sticking to the 1.6 version!!

It might be just coincidence. But thats strange indeed.

If you don't use uPnP try turning it off. Maybe thats it, cos they tweaked it a bit in 1.6.1 and its the only thing I can think off that could cause anything even slightly as what you are reporting.

Maybe some of the more knowledgeable people have a posible explanation ...

Your settings could be too extreme for your connection, but v1.6 wasn't as aggressive at using them so it still mostly works. But v1.6.1 nearly kills the connection and now your download speeds suffer.

Did you ever run Speed Guide (CTRL+G) and choose the setting that closest matches your UPLOAD bandwidth?

hi does evy1 using utorrent have how much they have downloaded & upload in kb or mb at the botton right hand toolbar corner next to where it says total up &down Speed? and how can i get that info to show next to total dl n up speed?

http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Torrent--Build-Screenshot-27295.html

and also in the preferences menu it doesnt say seeding priority n apperence?

and i'm using version 1.6.1

If readding the rules doesn't work and if you use a router try disabling any software firewall you have to see if performance increases (if you don't use a router it might not be good idea to turn off your software firewall depending on how updated your windows version). At least you will know if it really is the firewall or maybe something else.

Archived