Have to reboot to download tracker error timeout

mizike

Im having a big problem, When i first start i can download fine, then when i try to download new torrents tracker status says offline timed out and they do nothing just sit there, but if i reboot the new ones will then download. Using updated utorrent, ports fine no router ect and it never used to do this to me please someone helpppp. MIKE

Which settings, Im running normal settings 1 upload slot, net max half open 100, general torrent freak utorrent setting guidelines is what i used, which ones would cause that,, thing is i can download at 600kbs down adn 45 up with ease and running 10 or more at one time, once i reboot or on my first attempt... but even with nothing running and utorrent has allready downloaded something i cant even download one till i reboot.. I get tracker status offline timed out.. drivin me crazy.

change max half open to like 15 dood, 100 is excessive, i'm assuming you have xp tweak to increase tcp stack connection attempts

edit: hell, I wouldn't be surprised if your isp chokes off your BT ports when it sees 100+ connections blasting from your machine

Even being optimistic, I wouldn't recommend more than 5 torrents active at a time if you can only upload around 45-50 KB/sec. Each torrent gets the upload slots you allow per torrent, so if upload slots are set to 4 and you've got 5 torrents going...that's 20 total upload slots. 45 KB/sec split 20 ways is ~2.25 KB/sec each. That's what others would likely see when downloading from you.

I have my upload slot set to 1 so it averages 8-10 kbs per torrent, I dont have dht on cause its not allowed on private sites, and I dont have a router,, see drives me crazy cause now it has worked all day with new torrents and all, with no settings being changed yet, now im a wait till it does it and drop the tcp down to 10 and see if it fixes it.. well see its so wack and it never used to do it for over a year no problems with these settings so dont know whats up. Just since i upgraded to the new utorrent am i having this issue... thanks guys for all ur advice too.

Lower the max_half_open back to 8 and use the settings the µtorrent speedguide suggests and see if it solves your problem. If it doesn't its something else and you can put it high again after you/we have found it. If it does solve your problem then its just a question of narrowing down the exact culprit? max half open? Max connections?

Archived