Upload speed

crazycraker

Upload speed = Your upload speed in kbps (470 in this case) / 8 (to convert into kBps) = 58.75

Now that you have your speed in kBps, set your speed to roughly 65-85%, so (38 - 50 kBps). That should help :). I'd also try setting it lower (just to see... this range generally gives the optimum results) - not any higher though, or that will throttle your bandwith (and slow down your download and browsing speed).

Or just run Speed Guide (CTRL+G) and choose either the xx/384k or x/512k setting. (With the xx/512k setting, you may need to reduce the resulting upload speed max by 1-5 KB/sec.) This should give you reasonably good settings for MORE than just upload speed max...and hopefully will net you decent download speeds in return on your torrents.

i eventually figured that one out!! Doh!! My upload speeds are working fine but my download speeds are really poor. don't know if my isp has throttled downloads on torrents or just on peek times but i can't seem to get over 40 kB/s. I dont have a router and there's no problem with my firewall as i disabled it and ran utorrent with no change. i also tweeked my setting and opened 50 half open connections with some patch. I increased my tcp recieve through some other patch and still nothing!! i'm at a complete loss. i know some torrents are just slow but they can't all be that slow. help please

Folks,

I followed most of the speed tweaking stuff on here and now my speeds are great. Download the latest episode of 24 got me to 1000kB/s and over!

Currently i get around 500kB/s and over for ok seeded files, but each new episode gets me about 1000 the day after it is released.

Thanks for your help guys!!!

royhid

Archived