Speed only reached 5KBP'S on a 512K connection (60kbps)

MasterChi

i have this same problem with any P2P or bittorrent like network.

I some times get the message when using uTorrent Nat Error. But lately that has gone and now i get Netowrk Ok message and yet my speeds still only reach 5kbps. sometimes i get a UPnP(32459) instead of those two messages. but i still ge no more than 5kbps.

no Nat Error

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/31204102529.jpg&s=x11

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/31204111613.jpg&s=x11

Settings as they were at default for my PC

http://x11.putfile.com/11/31206200672.jpg

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/31206200672.jpg&s=x11

Port Fowording set up help needed Ip address is static and i just used a rubber!

http://x11.putfile.com/11/31208374079.jpg

I have used varios .torrent files and i still get the same problem.

So i know its not due to the amount of people on as one file im trying to download has 50 people on right now, and im connected to multiple trackers 8 in all.

ok .. 1st thing is to sort your image TAG out :) its at the end and i would suggest you edit your images and mask what you are actualy downloading .. hint: downloading certain software titles is illegal ..

have you try to turn of UPnP and see if that help .. if your getting the "network OK" then its probably a slow tracker or someother torrent problem, you could also try upping the numer of connections (torrent options) .. see if that works .. try using a higher port number 60000+

judging by your new screenies you dont have a problem with your NAT or Firewall .. hence you can see "Network OK" so everything is working as its suppose to..

try port number : 65532 (forward it in your router settings, then restart your router, also do the same in your firewall and windows firewall (you may need to restart windows))

test the port at https://www.grc.com/x/portprobe=65532 (if it says OPEN then everything is fine, anything else then its not setup properly)

try setting your upload rate to about 80% of your max upload speed.

try increasing the number of connected peers per torrent.

try increasing the number of globla max connections.

it is possible that you simply have a bad/slow tracker.

also on you new screenies a see your now getting a speed of 16.8kb/s which is 3 times more than you were getting before.

got the same issue and made the changes asked for but still its there. the thing i am connected to a very fast tracker. people can dld at the speeds of 350KBps from that tracker. i dont understang y not me?

you need to be a bit more specific in what your actual problem is, its no good just saying "got the same issue and made the changes asked for but still its there", i have absolutly no idea what you have tryed.

judging by your new screenies you dont have a problem with your NAT or Firewall .. hence you can see "Network OK" so everything is working as its suppose to..

try port number : 65532 (forward it in your router settings, then restart your router, also do the same in your firewall and windows firewall (you may need to restart windows))

test the port at https://www.grc.com/x/portprobe=65532 (if it says OPEN then everything is fine, anything else then its not setup properly)

try setting your upload rate to about 80% of your max upload speed.

try increasing the number of connected peers per torrent.

try increasing the number of globla max connections.

it is possible that you simply have a bad/slow tracker.

also on you new screenies a see your now getting a speed of 16.8kb/s which is 3 times more than you were getting before.

ok thanks for the reply this is starting to make more sense now the only problem is i know i a way what and

try disabling UPnP

also on your screenie of your portforwarding make sure you have entered the ip to your PC .. normaly 192.168.8.1

you can find this out by selecting START then RUN then type cmd and hit enter.

type ipconfig /all hit Enter and see what your IP Address is..

my device is a speedtouch 530 its a router with a built in modem one port is a port to connect it to the computer using USB 2.0 and the other is for any other device that is requiring use of the connection.

well ive use the 10.0.0.1 ip in the port forwording what do i need to do now.

Personally I wouldn't trust using USB for internet connection. But that's just me. And the specs say it has one ethernet port for the LAN side as well. Maybe get a hub or switch and put it between the 530 and your computer.

Now on to your problem. Lets go through a list of things to check:

1) Is your USB port for your computer (not the router) USB2 or USB1.x (if it isn't USB2 your speed is going to be very bad. Also check that the cable you use for USB supports USB2 speeds. Or maybe the cable is bad and needs to be replaced.

2) Does the DHCP server on the router support Static DHCP? (Static DHCP allows DHCP servers to assign the same IP address to specific MAC address of connecting network device. Not sure how this would apply to USB, but you'll have to figure that out for yourself.)

3) Make sure your router ports are open for whatever µTorrent uses: http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Thomson-Alcatel/SpeedTouch530/ should give you help there.

4) Make sure windows firewall (if you're using it, or any other firewall) has an open port to what µTorrent uses. UPnP should do this automatically, but I've had instances where it fails, so I alway do this manually now.

5) I'm assuming you're using WinXP (Pro/Home?) so check Start > Settings > Network Connections > [your network device connecting to the internet] and go into it's properties. Check if you have enabled "QoS Packet Scheduler". If it is in use you might want to turn it off. If there is no change, then you can leave it off or turn it back on.

6) Since it is USB I'm assuming it requires a driver installation? There may be a problem with it. Check the device manufacturers boards on possible problems with the driver, and fixes for it.

7) Exit µTorrent and check in Windows Task Manager's Processes tab that program has shutdown properly. If not end the process and restart.

8) Any other checks that I forgot to include. :P

Good luck.

well thanks for the time and effport you put into that

1) My computer has USB2.0 so this isnt an issue.

2) Does the DHCP server on the router support Static DHCP? (Static DHCP allows DHCP servers to assign the same IP address to specific MAC address of connecting network device. Not sure how this would apply to USB, but you'll have to figure that out for yourself.) - well im gonna check that out.

3) ive done this manualy on my windows xp sp2 and Mcaffe firewall.

4) ive allready port forworded the port i was told early - no increase in speed

5) I'm assuming you're using WinXP (Pro/Home?) so check Start > Settings > Network Connections > [your network device connecting to the internet] and go into it's properties. Check if you have enabled "QoS Packet Scheduler". If it is in use you might want to turn it off. If there is no change, then you can leave it off or turn it back on. im not to sure for now

6) Since it is USB I'm assuming it requires a driver installation? There may be a problem with it. Check the device manufacturers boards on possible problems with the driver, and fixes for it. well everything ealse works ok.

7) it does shut down properly but its a problem i have with all filesahring aka p2p and bittorrent networks!

well im gonna try a ADSL modem all by its self tomorrow instead of my current router if i still have the same speed issue then i will know its not the router.

if its not the router whats left that it can be?

lets just hope it doesnt come to that.

7) it does shut down properly but its a problem i have with all filesahring aka p2p and bittorrent networks!

OK, you dropped a clue there. This most probably means your ISP is playing games with you, like doing traffic shaping. Enable the "Bitfield Lazy" option under Advanced Options in µTorrent and see if that helps. :)

well thanks for that it backed up what i though it might be my friend left tiscali months ago and they were doing it then as well :( well it seems a new ISP is in order and then hopefully this will be sorted out,

one last thing u say in advance options choose peer. lazy_bitfield well i click on true and a litle * appears net to true but the * doesnt appear next to anything ealse. what does this putting it to true actualy change?

i have a 1mb line and my dlds are not goin above 20k

i have 1.2 version also

i have made the changes asked here

my ports are open and everythin related to the network settings is fine and i doubled checked it. and i get network ok also.

wht could be the issue?

well it seems you have the dreaded limits of your ISP acting up on you i have the same problem.

CHANGE YOUR PORT TO 80 YOU HEAR ME 80 I KNOW ITS THE INTERNET PORT BUT IN LESS THAN 10 SECONDS OF STARTING IT MY SPEEDS DOUBLED AND MY UPLOADS HAVE HIT 30KBPS WITH IS HELL FAST FOR ME

Archived