showing no seeders

signoftheserpent

I have been having some problems connecting to torrents that I know have large numbers of seeders. Each time I try it just sits at 0(0) seeds and 0(something) leechers and downloads nothing. THis has only been happening today; up till now everything has been fine. I could understand a few problems with a few files, but this is happening with everything and i have specifically picked files i know have plenty of seeders. Is there something wrong with utorrent? I can use the connection normally for everything else (like this) and i tested the speed to find i could download at over 200kbps.

Thanks.

It's also possible that the poster is firewalled in µTorrent and is on a torrent where almost all (or ALL!) are also firewalled. Nobody can connect to each other as a result.

Or the modem/router overloaded and needs a reboot...possibly due to excessive settings in µTorrent!

Turn the router off for over 15 seconds. (...usually done by unplugging it!)

Then plug it back it.

That resets it.

(Or flash its bios with a newer firmware. It may be tricky to do this, so only do this if you're familiar with networking hardware setup.)

The modem can be reset the same way as the router.

...though flashing its bios may be a bad thing to do! (...your ISP may be using a proprietary firmware that will lose all its settings when you flash the bios.)

µtorrent doesn't require installation its a single exe. You can try deleting the settings.dat file in %appdata%\utorrent though and see if that solves it problem. You will discard all current settings and start afresh.

Did you try the openoffice torrent to see if its not just the torrents and/or trackers you use?

Archived