Share Ratio

Ghost21

what's the difference between uploading while downloading and uploading while seeding? Seems like the same thing to me...

I'm not quite sure how the ratio is calculated because I remember there being a fix in some version (around 1.1.6) which mentioned using the total size instead of the amount download in some cases... not sure about that so don't qoute me ;)

The standard way of calculating the ratio is upload / download though... not sure where you got 100 / download*upload from SledgeDG, that doesn't give anything close to the share ratio :| maybe upload/download * 100 ;)

1 / download * upload gives you the same result as upload / download if you don't put a parenthesis around (download * upload). And 100 / download * upload gives you the percentage instead.

Since v1.1.7, the ratio is calculated using (upload / size) if you haven't downloaded anything of the torrent, which would be in the cases where you already have the file and only want to seed. This is more useful to the seeder because the ratio would constantly be ∞ (or inf.) otherwise.

Archived