no incoming connections

d3box1

yes, i have had this problem with every torrent downloader i have used. i own an actiontec router w/ broadband internet connection. i am unable to get any incoming connections and my download speed is stuck at around 15kb/s. i don't understand, i have a 20mb connection! at the bottom of utorrent, there is a yellow sign saying unable to get any incoming connections. i have done everything from port forwarding to static ip, ect, everything on portforwarding.com. wtf, i am sick of getting this message!!! i do have a firewall, but i have allowed access to the internet for this program. also turned off upnp port mapping!

router-actiontec

model number- mi-424-wr

please, some 1 help!!! i have tryed everything! even read all forums regarding this topic and nothing helped me!

also, tested port, port is not open, followed portforwarding.com step by step, no change in status. turned off all of my firewalls, didn't work. tryed setting up a static ip, didn't work. its even worse now, it now shows a red icon. nothing works and im getting tired of this, i have spent 6 hours straight trying to figure it out myself

i use two firewalls, the one with the router, actiontec, and also have a windows live firewall. Actiontec is my broadband router, yes. it is wireless or i can connect via LAN. i tried turning off both firewalls, but this had no affect. also when i set up a static ip, i had no internet because the dns was wrong or something, called the company and they sayed use the automatic setting. so, no static ip and i get a red light.

also, tested my speed on speakeasy.net/speedtest, i got 15000 kb/download and a 4700kb/ upload, so my connection is not the problem. i have configured my router and my stock firewall to accept utorren, incoming and outgoing connections, and file sharing. by the way, thanks for responding

(You already said the ActionTec was your router before, but still haven't specified whether it was your modem too)

At this point, the only two possibilities I can come up with is that either it's a user error (misconfiguration), or your ISP's being stupid and blocking ports.

hmmm, it might be that my isp is blocking ports. i think my router comes with an internal modem. if it doesn't, i have no clue where if any, my modem would be. i have tryed to open the port with various technquies, but nothing works. if it is my isp that is blocking the ports, is there ne way around it? also, even though i have a red light, i still upload at 450kb and download at around 250 kb, but i know i could be downloading at 4 mbs and uploading at 2mbs.

Any chance you're confusing bandwidth values in kilobits/sec and megabits/sec for file transfer speeds of KiloBYTES/sec and MegaBYTES/sec? (It takes 8 bits to make 1 byte, and takes even more bandwidth to actually transfer a byte of a file.)

Is your connection fiber-based by any chance?

Archived