why does it wait

TarkusShakti

I am using WinXP and my system crashes every couple of days. uTorrent doesn't cause the crash.

What bothers me is sometimes it cannot find the resume.dat file. When it can't find the file it pops-up a window saying it can't find the file. And it waits for a reply. And waits and waits and waits. All the time it is waiting it is not exchanging data on my torrents.

Is telling me you can't find a file so important that the program needs to sit there forever waiting. It seems to me you just create a new blank one and move on once I have clicked OK.

Can you fix the code so this is not the "show stopper" it isn't? Maybe a simple log entry would be enough?

Otherwise, it's a great product. Thanks!

TS

It is a showstopper because resume.dat is integral to how µTorrent works. This is not a bug to be fixed, and not a feature to be requested. True, resume.dat writing could be improved so that crashes wouldn't cause such drastic problems, but that's being looked at, IINM.

resume.dat getting corrupted is like µTorrent getting amnesia -- all the old settings are there, but the memory's all gone. I suppose I can see your point, but since the entire torrent list is going to be missing anyhow, it really wouldn't make much difference if the dialog's modal or not -- if you notice it, you'll immediately dismiss it (in which case it won't be waiting for too long), and if you don't notice it... well, it's not doing anything new anyway while it's waiting for input anyway.

Archived