Option Not to Disconnect from Swarm

supersk

Hi,

I've really only had experience with four BT clients: Official, ABC, Bitcomet, and uTorrent.

With the Official and ABC client after downloading is complete, the user is not disconnected from the swarm. Meaning you are still connected to the seeders and peers, and upload rate remains high.

With the Bitcoment and uTorrent, after downloading is complete I notice that the client disconnects from the seeders and the amount of peers connected drops drastically. the upload rate also plummets.

Is there an option not to disconnect from the swarm? If not, it would make an excellent feature for the next version.

thanks.

The problem is not the disconnecting with the peers after complete downloading, the problem is uTorrent disconnects (and reconnects) with peers all the time. This is highly probable the reason of worse downloads speed achived compared to the other clients (which does not disconnect)

When download is complete uTorrent disconnects all the seeds (quite obvious). As for peers I've never seen anything extraordinary. That is - if you suffer massive peer disconnecting, watch closely how they behave during download. You should notice that this is, unfortunatelly, an usual routine for uTorrent.

As for speed achieved by uTorrent - there is lots of complains about it you can read about on this forum. I like uTorrent for its memory and cpu efficiency but the achieved dl speeds are definitely not its best feature.

Archived