DHT:waiting to login

catstide

i have read the post below on the topic and still couldn't resolve my problem.utorrent was working fine but now DHT will not login.i have one large download that has been downloading for a couple of days....it has not been affected...still downloading.however any new torrents i try to download will not start.since the problem i have updated from 1.6 to 1.6.1.i'm new to the torrent thing so feel free to dumb down your responses and help.

thanks

thanks for your response.i tried that...no joy.i've been downloading for a while now with no problems.this is something new that has popped up and i'm at a loss as to what has caused it.i have added another torrent that is working but still getting a message..DHT:waiting to log in.the other torrents(with alot of seeds)are still doing nothing.any other suggestions?

Have you tried changing the port µTorrent uses to listen for incoming connections?

(...you'll need to change port forwarding settings on your router <if you have one> if you do!)

Do note that DHT requires UDP packets to be port forwarded. The rest of µTorrent (besides DNS lookups/resolve ips/show country flags) uses TCP packets.

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an old thread, but in case anyone happens to see this having the same problem, try this:

Check advanced settings in utorrent under preferences. I deleted an IP address under "net.bind_ip" and reset. That gave me a green check for DHT and increased my DL/UL times.

I also noticed that there's a setting for "net.outgoing_ip." Mine was blank, but if the first suggestion doesn't work, I'd try deleting that one too.

• 11 months later...

the problem has been caused with the updated version of u torrent and the changes of settings and is nothing to do with any anti virus or spyware. just go in to settings and click on preferences then scheduler. enable the scheduler then untick the box which says disable DHT when logging off. apply and restart u torrent and you will log on to the DHT and your problem is solved permanently

Archived