Resume corrupt?

ikuzou

Okay, my computer crashed while I was running uTorrent. So, I restarted it and tried to resume my download. But when I tried to load it up again, i got a weird message that said:

The file of directory C:\Documents and Settings\"my name"\Application Data\uTorrent\resume.dat is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility.

I tried going to the file and reinstalling, but that didn't work. Neither did manually trying to delete it. Is Chkdsk really going to help? And if it does, where would I find it?

[EDIT] Found ChkDsk utility, and it did nothing. Is there a way to forcibly delete it off the comp or what should I do to fix uTorrent?

okay, I ran the program,, Chkdsk, and a window popped up. It ran, and "said" it deleted the files, but, in the end, nothing happened.

Though, is something wrong with the Chkdsk utility? Supposedly, the thing runs first by "verifying the files (stage 1 of 3)." That normally lasts a few seconds. Then, it goes to "verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)." That is around where it says its deleting the files I dont want. It takes around a minute to finish this stage. But right afterwards, there is no stage 3 and the utility disappears, leaving me with nothing done. Is that supposed to happen?

Archived