port forwarding

andker333

I have a red stop circle at the bottom of my utorrent broswer. It tells me I need to close firewalls, deal with routers. I have turned off microsoft firewall and Norton firewall and gone through the Port Forward steps to open a port - the red message is still there. Anyone have any ideas?

eerm excuse me for interrupting,I'm kind a new in this download/uploading thing,i think i have the same problem with andker333,after i read your answer....I'm afraid that i still can't understand how to fix it,my problem is when i use u torrent for the first time..its going well,but after I've downloaded just 3 files i cannot download any files at all.it's say that i need to port forward and I've try,I'm using norton 2006.and i don't have any idea how to fix it.

i really hope that you can help me,I'm a newbie.

Yeah I have issues too.

WinXP Pro

Zone Alarm

Cable modem

I can download and upload files, but I can't seem to get rid of that yellow icon. Port forwarding, firewall disabling yuck! None of the suggested fixes help me either. I suspect that the Comcast Motorola cable modem may be MY issue.

i don't know about that barry,when i try to make port test it's says my port isn't open although I've tried so many time by according portforword.com easy guide.but it's just the same.i setup my firewall...my ip's but it's still saying my port did not open...i think,i think i wanna cry man....

If you tried the instructions ( "The latest version of Norton Internet Security 2006 and Norton AntiVirus 2006 SHOULD fix this issue." ) try uninstalling the software. You can always reinstall if the problem stays the same but if the problem disappears with the firewall uninstalled its the culprit for sure.

That's a completely different issue. Make your own thread for that.

I have a yellow triangular symbol, trackers are listing me as not connectible, and my initial seedings won't work.

I've disabled the windows xp firewall, which was the only one active, and gone through all the static IP and port forwarding stuff.

It was working a few weeks ago, and then suddenly stopped.

What do I do now?

Are you sure you did the port map correctly? You set your computer IP to a static local IP and you mapped the right port on the router to the that internal IP?

Its either the router or a software firewall. If it isn't the router and it isn't the windows XP firewall there is a other firewall present on your system. Can you try it on another computer/laptop on your network?

I found some info on it for you to have a look at "Automatically forward your ports with PFConfig. If you are trying to run an application that requires ports to be forwarded, you can skip the work and just use PFConfig. With PFConfig, you don't have to learn how to setup your router. It's so easy to use, you just pick the program from a list and say 'Update Router'.

Automatically Forwards Ports

When you want to run an application that requires a port to be forwarded, with PFConfig all you have to do is select that application from the list and choose "Forward this App". If you want to forward different apps to different computers, you simply put the other computers address in and we take care of the rest.

Optimized Use of Ports

When you use PFConfig, our advanced optimization routines will actually combine multiple applications into less entries in your router. You can frequently forward more applications than your router would otherwise support.

Huge Increases in Security

When you use PFConfig, it is incredibly easy to forward ports as you need them, and turn them off when you do not. Turning off your forwarded ports when not in use is a huge increase in security.

Never Login to your Router Again

With PFConfig, you do not have to log in to your router to add and remove forwarded ports. Simply tell PFConfig which ports to forward and where to forward them, and the rest is taken care of for you. You can pretty much forget your routers password.

Ideal for use with applications such as utorrent

man...this thing really make me kind a dizzy.

ok,wanna ask something,i've got red circle icon in the bottom of my utorrent browser..then sometimes it turn to yellow triangular.ive done port forwarding and it still the same "your port not open.i'm using billion(bipac 5112s)adsl/router.and i'm using norton 2006.my isp is TMnet Streamyx(Malaysia).

the thing that make me confuse is...set up static ip.i followed exactly the guide from portforward.com...my port still not open.

please help me...

hey all having the same problem......something I noticed lately is that alot of peeps having the same problem as me......utorrent was working just great until a few days ago. I've always had really great speeds until the other day......I upgraded my utorrent to the new one finially. now I have the dreaded red icon and speeds so slow a snail is faster. I've reforwarded all my ports and done just about everything else I can think of. no anti-virius installed at all and checked and rechecked firewall and now running puter with it off. Still same problem. I'm at my wits end. I'm not impling anything because I truely love utorrent, but my problems didn't start until I upgraded it and if I could I would just downgrade but can't find an older version anywhere. Man this really bites the big one.

Archived