port forwarding

andker333

I heard the new client is a bit more aggressive and maybe this might cause trouble for certain routers can your try lowering the settings by using the speedguide and picking a slower speed then you currently have (or manually lower max total and per torrent connections).

If that doesn't help I'm fresh out of ideas. If it is a problem with the new client I can't help anyway.

I have seen a similar problem before. Without knowing the OS and modems here are some things that might help.

Have you turned off the UPnP in uTorrent AND on the router? If the port is forwarded manually, then the UPnP needs to be turned off. It is in Option/Preferences/Connection to change it in uTorrent, uncheck the enable UPnP port mapping. After this, go to the routers settings and make sure it is disabled there as well. Port forward only tells you to disable the one in uTorrent but disable the one in the router as well. Try that first and see if it works. You have already said you have disabled firewall protection so that should not be an issue. I personally have a firewall but I have set it to allow uTorrent and allow my port to be accessed so it is not an issue for me.

If it still does not work, you can try to copy the PPPoE settings in your modem (assuming you are not using DHCP instead), then set it to bridge mode, however it is possible this may cause you to not be able to access the internet. If so, then you can fill the PPPoE settings into the router.

Also, did you create an application rule to the hosted list in the router? That's another one to try.

I'll assume you know that you will need to restart the modem/router in order for some changes to take effect since you did so when you originally forwarded your port.

I hope that this helps at least one of you. I know it sucks when you can't upload or download. I'll check back as soon as I can and see if it works for anyone and if not I might know a few other things to try as well.

• 7 months later...

Just got a new router, and I'm suffering the exact same problem I had last time I was posting in this thread. Last time, it was solved by adding an application rule (listed on my router at that time as "Special Program" or similar), but I can't find this option anywhere on my new router, with the closest possibility being the actual port forwarding process. It's an Open Networks iConnect 625W. Any ideas how to go about solving this issue?

NOTE: To mods please delete duplicate thread @ copy

With questions relating to hardware vendor support sites are good, so is that g double-o gle. Also you linked to the thread with the same topic and almost identical post as this. Bad form! Bad etiquette. A cursory search found Data Sheet for your router. It appears there are several options available but which are named differently than commonly referred to on here and in the uT documentation. Did the router come with a user manual?

This seems relevant

Network Support
Static IP, Dynamic RIP routing support
IP/TCP/UDP/ICMP/ARP/RARP Application Support
Network Address Translation (NAT)
Port Mapping/Forwarding
Easy setup of Port Forwarding rules for popular Games/Application

This seems relevant although more advanced

Security Support
NAT for basic Firewall support
Packet Filtering Firewall Support
Stateful Packet Inspection Support

Edit: if you check http://www.opennw.com/products/broadband/625w_download.php there are multiple guides. One is labelled Port Forwarding (Virtual Server)

Also you linked to the thread with the same topic and almost identical post as this.

It was three or four days after I'd last posted here, and this topic had moved to the second page of the general forum.

I followed the port forwarding guide you linked to...it was basically the same as what I'd already done. uTorrent is still listing the port as unopened, and I still have the yellow triangle in the status bar.

Utorrent 1.7.5 all needed boxes are TICKED including random port, d/load speed excellent, little orange triangle never turns green, using port forwarding test shows ERROR, but my Netgear Router UPnP shows port is OPEN.

With Windows Firewall ON or PCTOOLS Firewall Plus ON ( with Windows Firewall OFF )

nothing changes.

Archived